Citroën BX "Muffy" - M'colification

M'coli

Now at The Limes but too late for the FUCEM crew but we're still having a fry-up.

I had to stop after we got out of Retford and adjust the throttle cable, it would only do 45 flat-out. Adter adjustment it was ok, merely slow rather than dangerous to lorries on the A1. Could it have the bulkhead problem that Dollywobbler's old one that Dugong drove halfway to Vulgalour's?

More photos once I've got better 3g signal.

Home now, after a good run back. It hold 70 on the motorway inclines but still feels sluggish even compared to the 1.3 Cavalier which is supposed to have around about the same total horsepower.

It goes up, it goes down, there's a knock from the back and a part in the boot to solve that, and I suppose I'll have to take the pedal box out to sort that.

Some photos!

Sorting the throttle cable:

post-3066-0-44647700-1420384092_thumb.jpg

At The Limes:

post-3066-0-82628500-1420384138_thumb.jpg

Diesel stop:

post-3066-0-49874300-1420384174_thumb.jpg

So there we have it, as fat as I am aware, it's only the second Citroën I've been in, and the first I've driven.

Please make sure you berate the seller, who must surely have known there was a problem. :P

More seriously, that looks nice. Rare to see BXs with the old-style rear lights (which I'm assuming it has). That means the brake lights are actually visible. BX Club are helpful folk, whether on the forum or Faceache.

The seller mentioned that you needed to push the throttle pedal to the left for best results, and it's a cheap car with ten months' test. How the windscreen wiper has deteriorated to be shite now is beyond me, unless they swapped it for one iff if the Picasso or the Xantia to get it through and then swapped it back.

Oh yeah, another thing - the car is apparently called "Buffy" - must've been Buffy the werewolf walker because it stinks of stale dog.