Craigs Countrywide Cack Aug 2023. Madeira Island! Mile*-high chod spotting.

mk2_craig

Baz, in English please! :wink:

Suzuki SA310:Launched (from memory) approximately 1983, the predecessor to the Swift, used essentially the same shell as the Swift (which we got '85/'86?), but powered by a 1-litre triple....That's all I know really :oops: Except that they were charming little cars....My Dad ran SJ410s/413s around this time, and had a SA310 as a courtesy car at one point....Think it's what gave me my love of 3-cyl engines! 8)

Lets get the British sports tat outa the way first, been seeing a lot of them lately :lol:

Posted Image

Triumphant Stagular. Rear plate says THP162R :)

Posted Image

Shitesse

Posted Image

Shitfire

Posted Image

Feline urine canopy contest :D

Posted Image

Eyyy, rat fans!

Posted Image

Not been on the road for a looong time.

Posted Image

Nice Avant

Posted Image

Two tone Cherry

Posted Image

Old boy bimmer, G297RRB

Posted Image

Booted Astra

Posted Image

Mega-mouldy RS-kitted Esc

Posted Image

Oof!

Posted Image

ooh hoo hoo! Azure Blue Fiesta Festival CTX automatic :o

Posted Image

Telecom yellow when new?

Posted Image

Still Telecom yellow!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Could land a helicopter on that!

Posted Image

Unbelievably pristine early model 740 s'loon

Posted Image

Best till last, 3i and...

Posted Image

Incredibly crappy old Cav, looks like a Ford handle bodged onto the rear door!!

It's a Capri! Come on, give us some credit... :P Love the '60s Chevy. Always looked like they were trying to relive the styling excesses of the '50s but knew they wouldn't quite get away with it so tried to tone it down a bit. That rear end styling is still insane though - and I love the rocket motif donw the side. That 100E is not nice. For some reason it just doesn't work. They've taken what was a bland but cute shape and made it bland and ugly. Still, to each their own... Wonder what running gear it's based on - I'm sure the 100E wheelbase wasn't that long :? .

That 100E is not nice. For some reason it just doesn't work. They've taken what was a bland but cute shape and made it bland and ugly. Still, to each their own... Wonder what running gear it's based on - I'm sure the 100E wheelbase wasn't that long :? .

Agreed. Is it the roofchop that distorts its proportions?Mk2_Craig, you've gone shutter-happy recently haven't you?! Some good stuff there. Cherry's a goodun, two-tone bronze and gold, that's true class. Maybe it's auto too for top marks?

Mmm, look at the wing on that E30. MUSHY!And what you cant see is always about 100 times worse than what you can.One day if I am feeling brave I will whip the wings off mine, just to find out, like. There's no grotting yet on the outside by they go from the inside out in that spot.

Mk2_Craig, you've gone shutter-happy recently haven't you?! Some good stuff there. Cherry's a goodun, two-tone bronze and gold, that's true class. Maybe it's auto too for top marks?

I think I've broken Autoshite.com by dumping a couple weeks' worth of spots onto the forum in one go :lol: The parents have broadband you see, and I don't... Work internet filter no longer allows me on the site either :(Didn't think to check the Cherry's gearlever, it is however a 1.3SGL according to the tailgate badge. I haven't had time to cross check the registrations against DVLA's online database but it looked ot have been out of use for some time. Likewise the old 100E (What was the difference between Anglia, Popular and Prefect by the way??) although the tax disc on this one had expired something like 1996.

• 1 month later...

I've got a large number of photos awaiting transfer from my now-erratic cameraphone and the work digicam, but owing to PC issues they'll have to wait for now. Time being, here are some I took earlier in the year but don't seem to have posted before now (taken at an oval track somewhere in deepest darkest Englandcestershire). Hope of interest

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Failed to get either the choice mk2 Fiesta Ghia or the G-reg Orion lettered as a "courtesy car" for a garage business :lol: due to becoming increasingly nervous about who was watching me take the photos

• 1 month later...

From my travels this last couple of months. Some of these are from Ford Fair, and rather than bore the tits off everyone with photos of Essex tin that have already appeared on a thousand forums elsewhere, I've restricted myself to the standout stuff (wish I'd spent an hour or two in the car parks instead of bouncing off chav scum families inside the show).

Posted Image

Posted Image

This Corty estate looked rucking fubbish, but that's a Cosworth motor under the bonnet, so :roll: I can see what the owner's trying to do here, not sure it's to my taste though.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Smarter examples

Posted Image

Lovely cabriolet

Posted Image

Pre facelift beauty

Posted Image

Late C-plater

Posted Image

Stunning mini-miler. £1995 :|

Posted Image

Offers in the region of one arm and one leg

Posted Image

Some old rod thing

Posted Image

Matching pair!

Posted Image

Green British saloon whatever. I should really bone up on pre-1980 stuff (as ah cannat be bothered to use mycarcheck.com like)

Posted Image

My picture of the bronze B reg Gamma coop parked opposite this hasn't come out AAAARGH! stupid stupid cameraphone

Posted Image

Posted Image

Similar cars, different countries

Posted Image

Tat hoard, name them for me pleeze!

Posted Image

Obligatory CPTC

Posted Image

Track spec Starlet

Posted Image

Toad

Posted Image

NN6884, older than the average parked car

Posted Image

So much cooler than the rear engined stuff

Posted Image

Foreign and apparently abandoned

Posted Image

Leyland National Mk1

Posted Image

Big Italian tat (But which model?)

Posted Image

And presumably more in the driveway?? (clue=mudflaps)

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r254/mk2_craig/countrywide07-09-07/seatrearend.jpg

What to do with a dead Terra van

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r254/mk2_craig/countrywide07-09-07/xr2chavred.jpg

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r254/mk2_craig/countrywide07-09-07/xrforcountrywide.jpg

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r254/mk2_craig/countrywide07-09-07/xr2forcountrywide.jpg

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r254/mk2_craig/countrywide07-09-07/xr2whitea1.jpg

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r254/mk2_craig/countrywide07-09-07/xrno4.jpg

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r254/mk2_craig/countrywide07-09-07/xrnumber3.jpg

The usual Fiesta mk2 overload. Parking for red or white XR2s only, all others will be towed

Posted Image

Some old rod thing

Ford Popular

Posted Image

Green British saloon whatever. I should really bone up on pre-1980 stuff (as ah cannat be bothered to use mycarcheck.com like)

Morris Oxford

Posted Image

Tat hoard, name them for me pleeze!

I'm going to say either Hillman Hunter / Singer Gazelle, then Austin A60 Cambridge* / Morris Oxford*, then definitely Bedford CA

*Only a guess but possibly could be some kind of Ford Zepher instead?

Posted Image

Toad

Marcos?

Posted Image

Foreign and apparently abandoned

Is that a Matra Murina?

Posted Image

Leyland National Mk1

There's gotta be better places to take a leak! Leyland National's (MkI's esp) need looking after now!

Posted Image

Big Italian tat (But which model?)

Fiat Argenta 8)

Posted Image

And presumably more in the driveway?? (clue=mudflaps)

More Argenta's / 132's? That one nearest looks Renault 20 shaped but the mudflaps mean it can't be!

I had a matchbox....sorry got a matchbox model of the Dodge Daytona, that one looks like a facelift model. Looks like they let the work experience guy design the front. With a spatula and a korean applicance catalogue.

The car looks better in its earlier guise. Only just mind.

Posted Image

• 1 month later...

Mk2_Craig et ses amis sont allés en France

Posted Image

Visa Leader (Dirigeant?)

Posted Image

Dyane

Posted Image

Pierre et sa Renner quatre

Posted Image

Méhari

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Les Fiesta Mk2

Posted Image

Une R11 au couleur bien shite

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The schoolboy French runs out here, fuggin loadsa these old tracteurs diddling about these parts for boat haulage

Posted Image

Left hooker CF

Posted Image

Futureshite, wonder whether parts are more reasonably priced here

Posted Image

Early Twingo

Posted Image

Posted Image

Not one but two pauvre-o spec BX, the second badged simply "BX" - so not even a 14E :lol:

Posted Image

Qu'est-ce que c'est? Had the look of a Dacia Duster, but badge said "Aro" or similar :?

Posted Image

Merde! 205 had certainly taken a knock

When i worked in a scrapyard, we had an ARO for a while. It had an Isuzu diesel lump in it i recall. Can't remember if it was on english plates or even if it was right hand drive! Ah well, it was a long time ago.....

• 2 months later...

An update? Afraid not!

Just selfishly making sure that this topic doesn't fall off the bottom of the board... "Leicestershite" seems to be a broken link now! :(

EDIT: oh go on then.

Have a shot of a mk2 Fiesta in that lovely flat blue colour the name of which I still haven't managed to determine, seen in an Edinburgh street a good seven or eight years ago.

Posted Image

:)

• 3 weeks later...

Superb pics Mk2_Craig! I particularly like the Avenger pic, seemly taken from the top of a tower block at maximum zoom. I'd have had the wheeltrims off that 405 GLDT when I had mine :lol: - hose it down and I'm sure it would run again, those buggers don't rust!

Agreed, but a tenner sez the back axle's dead as fuk....