Halfords Cheapness again y'all

Parky

Evening all,

Just thought I would post a quick heads up to let you know our favourite Orangey Emporium has their end of year sale on.

Some half price tools and cheap oil so if Santa gave you some cash to treat yourself with it might be worth a browse

Some of the 4 litre Halfords brand oils (made by Comma) are super cheap so just topped up for the daily. Why not, there's bugger all on TV!

Good call, I've ordered 4 litres of 10/40, 5 litres of 15/40 mineral and a Pinto oil filter all for £23 reserved for collection tomorrow, I wonder if my trade card will reduce the price for even more?

Well I've just been in to collect my order, I got given my Halfords 10/40 but he also gave me 5l of Mobil 10/40 instead of my 15/40, all in for £23....

The Mobil is £22.39 on its own on the Website, I'm glad I didn't question it now.

7da04c82338e5f20a66ef50370251336.jpg

now then, last night I (online) ordered 5l of Halfords finest 15/40 at a mere £9.99. Reee-zult. Got an email & text and everything off them to confirm it, lovely job.

So I went in today to collect and pay and guess what? Halfords say "our website has made a mistake and the oil is actually £16.99 sir. I'm sure you understand?" 

"No, it isn't," say I. "It's £9.99 and I have email from your Dad to prove it" all the while brandishing my iphone at them and hoping they want a punch up.

Sadly, the lady in her late 50s didn't fancy fisticuffs in the car park and honoured the email. Still, I got to mutter "wankers" under my breath as I left

I went to halfords today for some of their green jism screen wash. Bum, it's now "citrus scented" and £7.50. Got to the till and it's £3.74 please sir.

Get in! I was all excited until I got home and checked to find it's currently 50% off. Lazy buggers haven't updated the shelf labels.

I went into Halfords today for a fan belt which, when I was working in Halfords in 1995/6 was a standard off the shelf item along with alternators, brake pads etc.

Now a special order only item -for any car!

I remember when stuff used to be stocked, oh the excitement when I was growing up when my dad took me with him to get service parts for his pinto sierra from halfords, it was always my job to find the part numbers in the little books they put at the end of the displays, I'll always remember the part number of the double copper champion plugs he insisted on having, it was RF7YCC

I went into Halfords today for a fan belt which, when I was working in Halfords in 1995/6 was a standard off the shelf item along with alternators, brake pads etc.

Now a special order only item -for any car!

I used to prefer getting belts from Halfords if it was for some non-standard application, as you could wander in with your piece of string and match up the best sized belt from the ones on display. Rather than giving it to some bloke in the factors and waiting while the queue behind you gets longer and longer...