Ebay item sold, thoughts and opinions needed.....

srad34

Well, as an update, he ranted as I was not forthcoming in giving him £65 for parts, resulting in him calling me a liar and a cheat ffs.

But he still refused to comment about the fact he inspected it for 30 mins before handing over the cash. This is a surprise as he 'knew all about bikes'

Low an behold, today I received negative feedback, the following comment in fact.....

'' 9 major items broke or missing in description used price to justify deception'' -

This ^^^^ accounts for a cracked tail light, 5 missing bolts (in the parts supplied) and 3 clips, also in the parts box. 

​I pointed out the cracked rear light when he arrived too!

What a fucking dick...... 

Negative feedback happens, I got one from some mouth breather who emailed to tell me that a rug I had sent her had been delivered by MyHerpes but pushed through an open kitchen window into a sink of bleach whilst she was out.

"Oh dear" I said, "thats terrible - I wont use them again, but thanks for letting me know you got it and it was the courier that damaged it. If I were you I would complain to them"

Negative feedback received saying the rug wasnt like the picture but was all faded and washed out looking. I got over it.

You can "follow up" a feedback comment and put your 2pennorth in.

If I check a seller's feedback and they have a -ve, then as long as they've responded to it in a clear & sensible way, I'll just ignore it and bid/buy anyway, as I'm sure most people would. It's when sellers have half a dozen -ves for similar complaints, or when they fail to respond, that I get bad vibes and look elsewhere. Just suck it up and carry on.

Well, as an update, he ranted as I was not forthcoming in giving him £65 for parts, resulting in him calling me a liar and a cheat ffs.

But he still refused to comment about the fact he inspected it for 30 mins before handing over the cash. This is a surprise as he 'knew all about bikes'

Low an behold, today I received negative feedback, the following comment in fact.....

'' 9 major items broke or missing in description used price to justify deception'' -

This ^^^^ accounts for a cracked tail light, 5 missing bolts (in the parts supplied) and 3 clips, also in the parts box. 

​I pointed out the cracked rear light when he arrived too!

What a fucking dick...... 

5 bolts, 3 clips and a cracked light, that must be at least 130 quids worth......twat

One for the ebay arseholes thread perhaps?

Oh well, it's over now. He's done the most he can (feedback) and is probably sat there laughing at how he's ruined your life/selling future on eBay, and thinking he's clever. Wait for the seven days, open and NPB case and laugh yourself when his feedback disappears. Once you've done that, add him to your blocked bidders list and check through his feedback for the same name winning his items and block them too. 

If he's messaged you via t'ebay system demanding cash then negged you, you might be able to report him for 'feedback extortion' (at least I think it's called that!) and get it removed.

ETA - http://sellercentre.ebay.co.uk/feedback-extortion-policy

Buyers aren't allowed to demand, by threatening to leave negative Feedback, neutral Feedback, or low detailed seller ratings, any of the following:
  • A full or partial refund

If he is still a pain, perhaps we can all work together here and get him somehow.  There will be some way of doing it.

I sell a lot of still but most of it is such low value eccentric trash that it doesn't appeal to the timewasters.  Happens occasionally though; I recently gave someone a refund just to get shot of them though perhaps I shouldn't.

Good luck with it, he clearly needs all the pain he gets.

Nah,

I will give the shit parcels a miss and hope eghey remove the feedback.

Its done now,  besides, he knows where I live and the V5 was not in my name so passed it straight on to him to sort, All I know is that he lives oop Norf

It will be reet, thankyou for the feedback though chaps, appreciated  :signs001:    

Well ebay have removed the negative feedback when I sent them his messages, result!

That'l learn him. In future, I will be adding the following statement to any ads I post sub 1k value:

PLEASE NOTE WHEN YOU BID TO BUY AND WIN, IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO CHECK AND VERIFY ITS AS EXPECTED BEFORE YOU TAKE IT AWAY. DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT CONTACTING ME TO MOAN OR ASK FOR MONEY BACK AFTER YOU GET HOME. IF YOU HAVE HALF A BRAIN, YOU WILL UNDERSTAND THE CONCEPT OF SOLD AS SEEN, IF NOT, PLEASE ASK A GROWN UP AND STOP WASTING VALUABLE OXYGEN THAT SOMEONE MORE DESERVING COULD USE.

PS IF YOUR A WANKER, PLEASE RETRACT YOUR BID AND DON'T HASSLE ME AT ALL.

Cheers

^^^ That's good! I always put similar things at the end of any vehicle I'm selling's description on ebay. Along the lines of:

Please remember this is a x year old vehicle and has wear and tear, if you want a perfect shiny car with no faults and a warranty, can I direct you to your nearest new car dealership who'll be delighted to relieve you of many thousands of pounds so you can impress your family/friends/neighbours with your new purchase. Please do not bid on this car if that is the case as you will never be happy with it.

The item has been honestly described for this auction and as such is sold as seen without any warranty. If this is unacceptable to you, please see the above course of action, buy a new car and do not bid on my listing. If you are unsure of what an auction really is, can I suggest you read ebay's T's & C's before contemplating bidding.

The end price is what you pay, 'the deal is the deal' as we used to say so please do not show up and expect to haggle or get any discount - again, if you can't handle this, thank you for you interest and good luck with your search, please do not bid.

You could argue that this may put some buyers off, I suspect it mainly puts off the chancers who fancy a punt on ripping me off (good luck with that) rather than the genuine folk who I reckon appreciate an honest, straightforward approach. I've only had one idiot try it on in the last ten years of selling my cars and bikes. (Twat tried to get me to pay for a new battery - cos' he'd left the lights on..... jackoff).

PS: What sort of moron buys what is essentially a box of bits and bitches about a few missing parts? WTF were you expecting you halfwit? It's not a bloody Airfix kit! I wish mooks like this would stick to being football hooligans or watching soap operas and leave the practical stuff to those of us with the spare brain capacity to do it properly and with a bit of style.

I don't mind this approach as, like most of us here, I realise that buying a 15 year old Toyota or whatever means that there will be wear and tear, stonechips, scuffs, fag burns in the seats and usually an odd smell somewhere.

If its got a service history that's a good thing, but that's doesn't always mean much as several receipts for blown bulbs or tyre repairs doesn't indicate if oil has been changed or cambelts replaced.

Caveat Emptor as they say. If the wheels and doors fall off and it collapses in a heap of steam like a clown car after 50 yards I will ask for my money back, but otherwise it's down to me. That's how it's supposed to work, right? The only time I ever went back to a seller is when he said he would tax the car for me and he hadn't done it. That ended up with me getting 6 months tax money back as he couldn't be arsed but I still had to wait a couple of days for the post office to open before I could legally drive it which was a pain...

I bought an old S plate 318i Convertible for something daft like £305 recently. The seller described the split in the rear screen, the ding in the bonnet etc. I turned up one night when it was foul and pissing down, checked the V5 and MOT, made sure it started, paid up and fucked off.

Got it home in the workshop and there were undisclosed bits of rust (now sorted), the rear tyres were balder than a waxed ballbag (worn??! No shit!), battery marginal and a stiletto hole in the drivers carpet.

But fuck it, it was £305 and it's tidied up a treat.