Swede for a swede for a swede! Fixed!

DodgyBastard

He already had the 99, I asked if I could grab some things out the boot of it and he said: Well, if it's yours... Obviously I went along and tried to make the deal in the first place, he didn't seem too bothered about the 99 and thought it was too much work to "restore". I have a feeling he'll break it for spares which would be a shame.

• 2 weeks later...

Well that didn't last long!

16788842676_b043846a8e_c.jpgDSC_6822 by srblythe, on Flickr

Spark plugs seem to have improved it 90% but the fuel pump has started whining loudly and it started running rough...

16814705065_27ecb37663_c.jpgDSC_6818 by srblythe, on Flickr

I actually managed to *fix something on it though...

16814708705_994318f3de_c.jpgDSC_6827 by srblythe, on Flickr

Disco lights at the rear due to a bad earth - Now fixed with a self tapping screw and a new wire!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A HYPOCRITE WRITES:

Yo. Could you possibly bin the faux-instagram filter off on your shots please FOAD? You look to have some top shiting adventures but I can't tell what's going on half the time because your images look like stills from Children of Men.

Your mixture of spark plugs - turbo fail. Had to squint to see that they were blacker than a coal face.

Wow. OK, constructive feedback rejected. Want to jump off the high horse for thirty seconds?

No, I wasn't looking for a reaction. Did you need to sound off twice? I was trying to be polite without coming across difficult. I didn't manage it, clearly.

You have some great stuff going on, but if I'm honest, I don't enjoy the filters you dump on every shot. It's an opinion - sorry for voicing it.

As for my eyes, they're fine (despite the best efforts of an MG Midget). The 'turbo fail' was ineptitude on the part of the previous owner, not you. I realise its N\A (and was a crap choice of words, given the context).

Chill out, yeah?

I enjoy taking the photos. I'm not chucking a filter on them but they are edited using a raw processing program. I enjoy the way they look as do other people. I'm sorry they dont live up to your high standards of photography. How did you honestly expect me to react?

I'm not trying to be a professional photographer but it is something that I enjoy so having snide remarks made about the style of my photos wasn't very enjoyable.

Since when have I had high standards? The remarks weren't 'snide'. Apologies for having an opinion. Really, I am sorry for that.

How did I expect you to react? Well, without double posts and telling me to 'go and get my fucking eyes tested', frankly. It was meant as constructive feedback.

Tell you what - I'll leave it in the future. I'll send the dove your way.