'HORSE TOTTY' @ Wing Cdr Nutsacks so-called Pony Club

Mr_Bo11ox

I flippin love the look of that above 4-dr Pony, it just looks 'right' to me from all angles. I could look at it all day, in fact I might tomorrow

Here are some of the things I like about it:

• the very sharp horizontal line at the rearmost edge of the bootlid
  • the angle of the bootlid and rear glass
  • the 'filed-off corner' where the rear wings meet the bootlid/rear window with those two little vents in
  • the quite long rear overhang
  • the neat step that goes all along the car incorporating the wheelarches
  • the very slight 'reverse rake' of the headlights & front panel
  • the hyundai panel between the rear lights

Basically I love it. I know from bombing about in the C-reg that these are a hoot to drive, OK theyre out of steam by 65mph but theyre dead willing and light and fun to thrash about in. I can't believe I have actually got a proper Mk1 Pony!!!

Are you joining the club?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Pony_Club

The highlight of The Pony Club calendar for many children is the annual Pony Club Camp, organised by the branch or centre. This allows for all members to spend additional time with their rides, often in a new setting doing a variety of activities, including cross country as well as the typical mounted games.

Sounds a little sinister that TBH. Might be worth starting your own club instead.

Here are a few comments fielded by my office companions today:

• Is it Pony O'clock yet
  • Its 'pony night' tonight round your house
  • Sorry love I can't come out tonight as I am washing my pony
  • You need to pony up and get on with some flipping work
  • etc

You should have told them to 'Fuck off and Hyundie'

Wow, there's a few Pony pick-ups in that photo above - I had no idea they did one in MK1 flavour. I could be imagining things but it looks like they share the triangular tail lights with the estate, as seen here:

hyundai_pony_wagon_2.jpg

Or maybe I'm making things up and they're just the same aft of the B-pillars as Ratdat's one. 

As others have said, I don't think you've paid too much for this, bearing in mind your long term lust for one. I did the same with my Visa GTi, paying over the odds, certainly in the condition it's in but now I have one, so the money's been spent. You'll forget how much it cost once the bank balance is replenished. Plus, with it being a 2 door RWD car with so much Ford influence in the mechanics, you wouldn't loose too much on resale as a worst case scenario. Any idea if the Joncedric 4 door still survives?

It looks proper like a Marina coupe doesnt it. The proportions are identical with the heavy arse end and the strangely short front doors.

I think the 4-dr Mk1 Pony looks better TBH but thats like saying Rachel Riley is better looking than Kristen Scott Thomas, whats the flipping point in worrying about that?

have a read, george turnbull was at bl, got made redundant and tok 2 marinas with him to his new job at hyundai. the rests history...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Turnbull_%28businessman%29

I flippin love the look of that above 4-dr Pony, it just looks 'right' to me from all angles. I could look at it all day, in fact I might tomorrow

Here are some of the things I like about it:

• the very sharp horizontal line at the rearmost edge of the bootlid
  • the angle of the bootlid and rear glass
  • the 'filed-off corner' where the rear wings meet the bootlid/rear window with those two little vents in
  • the quite long rear overhang
  • the neat step that goes all along the car incorporating the wheelarches
  • the very slight 'reverse rake' of the headlights & front panel
  • the hyundai panel between the rear lights

Basically I love it. I know from bombing about in the C-reg that these are a hoot to drive, OK theyre out of steam by 65mph but theyre dead willing and light and fun to thrash about in. I can't believe I have actually got a proper Mk1 Pony!!!

That Giorgetto Giugiaro certainly knows his onions...