'HORSE TOTTY' @ Wing Cdr Nutsacks so-called Pony Club

Mr_Bo11ox

oUcWx2w.jpg

Thanks to Chaseracer this old crate now has 4 half decent tyres!!! Its not running though as the carb is seized up. Hopefully gonna whiz it up the workshop soon where I will be able to investigate that.

I don't think much of your local branch of kwik fit....

I got contacted by a London-based Korean guy about a year ago who’d seen a 5-yr old advert on the blue forum for my C-reg Pony. I’ve kept in touch with him via the odd text now and then (he was mad keen to buy the C-reg) and let him know I’d scooped up this Pony. He said ‘I got Mk1 Pony now too’ so I asked him to send me a pic. Its only the JonCedric one!!!! He is also of the opinion that there are no others existing in the UK beyond his and mine. If anyone is out spotting he lives in the Kingston area of London.

7488143574_c48aea6108_z.jpg

I saw a MK1 Pony in the wild five years ago. October 2009 it was. Me and a colleague were visiting a client office in Croydon. We got off train at East Croydon and ended up walking down a side road and then along a road that crossed the railway. We'd just walked over the bridge when a pale/powder blue 4 door X reg Pony driven by an old woman stopped and gave way at the side road we were about to cross. I just stopped walking and stared whilst my work mate carried on walking. He then stopped, turned round looked at me, asked what was wrong and I just pointed and the conversation went something like this...

Me (pointing).."An X reg Hyundai Pony!!!..."

Workmate....."So?..."

Me... "IT'S AN X REG HYUNDAI PONY!!!!!!!"

Workmate....."Yeah, whatever, c'mon hurry up, we've got an appointment to keep..."

It then pulled out onto the main road, Addiscombe Lane I think...and disappeared up the road trailing behind a large cloud of blue smoke...

Never to be seen again. By me anyway...

True story.

I got contacted by a London-based Korean guy about a year ago who’d seen a 5-yr old advert on the blue forum for my C-reg Pony. I’ve kept in touch with him via the odd text now and then (he was mad keen to buy the C-reg) and let him know I’d scooped up this Pony. He said ‘I got Mk1 Pony now too’ so I asked him to send me a pic. Its only the JonCedric one!!!! He is also of the opinion that there are no others existing in the UK beyond his and mine. If anyone is out spotting he lives in the Kingston area of London.

7488143574_c48aea6108_z.jpg

Sweet, I'm going there in a couple of weeks. I'll have a look. 

Highest chance of seeing a Pony in the 'wild' in London would surely be New Malden. Massive Korean population there.

• 8 months later...

YO!!! Bump for a real thread. First of all, I never noticed the above post by Stuboy. Would you believe, that my gf bought me the above item last Xmas!!!! SPOOKY

Anyway guess who's been in the garage this weekend? ONLY THE PONY (see what I did there? copyright 'The big O')

Roy-Orbison-Portrait-Tattoo-by-Chris-Deb

P1070242.jpg

I haven't got loads of pics cos I was too 'on it' to stop and take loads. Anyway i took the carburettor off this yesterday. I thought it was scrap cos the throttle shaft was completely seized solid. After lots of farting about and a 'shit or bust' blowtorch attack I freed it off, removed it and polished it up with some fine wet and dry. I lobbed it all back together and connected it up to a can of fresh pez. Cranked away and wouold you believe, the 12,000 mile Mitsubishi engine fired right up and sounded FLIPPIN SWEET!!!!!!!! Its got some funny problem with the starter solenoid that makes the starter just randomly start cranking entirely of its own accord without warning, which makes fannying about under the bonnet an exciting pastime.

P1070241.jpg

Unless some catastrophe happens, this pony is going in my barn this weekend where it will stay until I have time to do a proper stripdown and rotisserie-style bodyshell rebuild, could be years and years till that happens so I need to get it out the weather.

P1070244.jpg

GET SET FOR SUCCESS!!!! Locked and loaded - got a ferry booked for midnight Friday. Fingaz crossed!!!!

Autoshite Bingo:

Volvo

Car trailer with old fashioned wheels

Obscure vehicle on trailer

Partially obscured Peugeot hatchback and MX-5

Unknown part of a car in a trailer in the background

Terrible weather.

That's got to score you a line for winning that jumbo sized bottle of K-seal they've got on the Prize Shelf next to such other desirable items as an Exhaust Bandage Kit (dated 1968), emergency continental kit (does not contain headlight bulbs) and the mystery can of automotive product whose label is almost entirely obscured by rust.