Mitsubishi Carisma 1.6 GLX 16 valve 1997

Nice one!

*On the Transit, I mean.

The Tranny is used as a mobile shed.

Volvo.

*hnnng*

I loves my 940.

More girl-in-petrol-station picz reqd.

I was aiming my phone at the petrol can, must pay more attention to fit females.

Nice neighbours. Watch out for any mechanical grabs popping over the wall and having it away.

Stainless steel scrap yard has deterred any thieves climbing over the back wall to date.

• 7 months later...

Bump! I'm off to look at an 03 plate 1.6 Carisma Elegance for a friend tomorrow. It's got a weird spec of full leather but keep fit rear windows. Will it have the GDI economy engine and is there any particular faults to look for?

If it's a GDi, make sure its running perfectly. There was some hoo har about the GDi only liking VPOWER or Premium Unleaded. Not sure how true it is, but they seem to burn oil if they're not meticulously cared for. Tread with caution, any signs of abuse or neglect could indicate imminent trouble. 

Elegance with poverty spec rear windows is surprisingly common on Carismas. Check all the usual places for rust, particularly on cars with sill trims.

Other than that I'm not aware of any major vices and they're a surprising nice drive.

Edit; Apart from the GDI stuff.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By 17-Coffees
      If you saw the News 24 in the early hours you’ll have seen my next car is due since it’s back up north, so now the collection!
      So all I know of this car is the make and model, colour and year. And that it had an MOT. What have I gotten myself into? 
      Alexia, play Mr Blue Sky...

• By 17-Coffees
      So The reason the 316 is up for sale/Roffle is because I bought a new car! Bought last night and just away to leave for it!
      Its not far away but I want to join in on collection thread fun! 

All you need to know for now is its a convertible! 

First stop was getting in a 08 reg Vectra...the start of many a good journey?

• By eddyramrod
      Copied over from Shite In Miniature...
      Note for future reference...  I've decided most of my Matchbox (-sized) cars can go.  It's a vast collection,   Most have been repainted at least once - by me, obviously.  My eyes and hand aren't good enough to do them again.  I've got way too many to list so ask if there's something you want and if I've got it, we can do a deal.  Most will be 50p each plus postage, so it'll make sense to build up a parcel.

I thought it best to do this, then I'm not clogging up the main thread.  This could well go on for months.
    • By 320touring
      After a fun* 30 mins phonecall to insure the latest purchase, I thought I'd cheer myself up by starting a collection thread a wee bitty early!

First clue.

I ain't had one of these before..
    • By Fabergé Greggs
      Lads, lads, lads. Its been ages since I bought a thing, and I LOVE BUYING THINGS. I couldn’t sleep last night, for instance. 
      I feel great because buying vehicles SOLVES ALL OF LIFE’S PROBLEMS (apart from parking permits). 
      Anyway, I just agreed to buy a thing, with collection commencing today or tomorrow. 

In the meantime, let’s spy on the vendors house on street view shall we? My little bundle of joy is tucked in behind that rather tasty 164.