Parked_Shite.

mk1_4dr

Impressive! Has Barrett moved onto your street?

You know, that was my first thought. I spoke to the owner (a serial shite-ist, he has multiple bits of tat under cover in his yard just out of shot and many lockups) and he said he's had 5 Panhards over the years, i told him about Barretts but couldn't remember the details. He said he's got a lockup full of parts too. Full interiors, running gear, the lot. To be honest he seemed somewhat taken aback that I knew what it was in the first place.

You know, that was my first thought. I spoke to the owner (a serial shite-ist, he has multiple bits of tat under cover in his yard just out of shot and many lockups) and he said he's had 5 Panhards over the years, i told him about Barretts but couldn't remember the details. He said he's got a lockup full of parts too. Full interiors, running gear, the lot. To be honest he seemed somewhat taken aback that I knew what it was in the first place.

I wonder if the previous owner swapped the engine ? That is my old Panhard I imported it and it was only once I got it home I found it had twin spark heads. It has also had the cam gear upgrade done as I checked it when I had it. I have a load of pictures at home of how it looked before I sold it to Justin Banks. It was a good solid car from the south of France

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...
18 hours ago, mk1_4dr said:

This tragic old heap only saw the roads for 8years! 

IMG_9986.JPG

IMG_9988.JPG

Wow - never knew the Hunter stayed in production long enough to gain Chrysler badges. Presume that one has deteriorated a bit in long term storage, rather than being representative of the breed in the mid 1980s? Wonder what mileage it managed to clock up. 

2 hours ago, mk2_craig said:

Wow - never knew the Hunter stayed in production long enough to gain Chrysler badges. Presume that one has deteriorated a bit in long term storage, rather than being representative of the breed in the mid 1980s? Wonder what mileage it managed to clock up. 

They were sold as Chryslers for 3 or 4 years but it tiny numbers. I will have to pop down and speak to the guy about it, there must be a story.

• mk1_4dr changed the title to Shite, avec mk1_4dr
16 minutes ago, barrett said:

Welcome back David! Nice to see an old thread getting a bump to the top. That Bluebird is a fantastic find - I'd have been chuffed to see something like that a decade ago let alone this year. More plz. (great photos, too)

Nice to be back, really going to try to be here with some consistency.

The Bluey is a honey, there was a bunch of Datsuns inside too but they were all covered in stuff. 

Worry not, there are more photos coming, many, many more. 

2 minutes ago, Dick Longbridge said:

What a shame. It looks to have been immaculate and on the show circuit a few years back. I can only assume elderly/unwell owner. 

woc-cars-i-front-left.R_aq.jpg

Gosh, that is sad! I'd love a Crab and hate to see a relatively rare one look so despondent. It lives at the side of a fairly busy road which is doing it no favours either. 

3 minutes ago, mk1_4dr said:

Gosh, that is sad! I'd love a Crab and hate to see a relatively rare one look so despondent. It lives at the side of a fairly busy road which is doing it no favours either. 

Tax disc from the photo where it still looks immaculate is only* 2015. It must have been parked up very shortly after to be looking so rough now. 

Go door knocking!

Just now, Dick Longbridge said:

Tax disc from the photo where it still looks immaculate is only* 2015. It must have been parked up very shortly after to be looking so rough now. 

Go door knocking!

The thing is, I took those photos in Nov 2019 so it could be an utter basket case now, though it is still showing taxed. 

16 minutes ago, mk1_4dr said:

The thing is, I took those photos in Nov 2019 so it could be an utter basket case now, though it is still showing taxed. 

Semi-good news. The owner is very much alive and kicking. They also dragged it indoors last summer and started restoring it, only for some bell end to rob them of a lifetime's tool collection. Looks like the resto is on pause. 

https://brm-forum.org/thread/548/1967-wolseley-18-85-eugenie?page=1