philibusmo

Cars you didn't know existed until very recently.

On 5/18/2019 at 10:21 AM, MorrisItalSLX said:

A Nissan Pintara with a few blue ovals stuck on, courtesy of the Button Car Plan.

Yeah I thought it looked vaguely Nissan. 

CA20E is the same engine as our injected bluebirds. 

The other engine, KA24, is an earlier 8v that eventually gained 16 valves and went into things like Navaras and US 200SX (240SX over there).

49 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

I noticed a circa 1990 Iveco SWB van today on Polish plates. Apparently a edition known as a ‘Basil’ (the sticker was in exactly the same place and style as the ‘Daily’ one normally goes). 

Pretty sure most Ivecos are "Fawlty" .

/Cavcraft

SUB-TITle: Worst Attempt To Fool People Into Thinking a Beach On the Detroit River, Michigan Is a Tropical Hawaiian Beach 

Image result for camaro with fake wood paneling.........yes that's Detroit in the background. A one-off dream car/concept car promoting the 1967 Camaro called The Waikiki; with fake wood paneling, forced smiles and the smoggy haze of a grim northern town. Surf's not up yet -- but they got a hula-dancer goin'! Don't you wish you could be part of that scene?

What say any of you? I think it's pretty boss myself...if only how it would piss-off Chevrolet fans if it showed up at a car show. To them it would be like a Corvette with a trailer hitch or Elvis in a kilt. Apparently it had Vauxhall Viva or Renault headlights and okra-colored shag carpeting. Curbside Classic did a story about the fotoshoot a few years ago.

Ever wished you could tow a caravan and boat behind your mini van whilst transporting an elderly gentleman and two women with unfeasibly tall hair? 

Not possible i hear you cry!

Fear not, step right this way sir!

https://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/articles/view.asp?id=937