Cars you didn't know existed until very recently.

philibusmo

2 hours ago, High Jetter said:

Nah, 2 dr. Google checks out

Honda's website shows all of the details,  including the 'coupe' styling which features hidden rear door handles.  No mention of a two (or 3) door version. Only 5 doors.  Anyway, I don't like it.  It's like a Nissan Juke with most of the ugly bits ironed flat,  just leaving a dumpy, ill-proportioned look that we are supposed to admire.   

I have a real hate for concealed rear for handles.

I just don't get it.

Did anyone think the Alfa 156 was a 2 door coupe? 

No.

Now these lifestyle bullshit blobs like the H-RV above and particularly the Toyota CHR have rear door handles almost in the roofline.

Tiny rear doors and a low roof mean the rear is only suitable for children....Who can't reach the handle?!

17 minutes ago, High Jetter said:

Looks like I'm wrong, again. I still don't like the look of it though.

My wife got me a T shirt with that written on it - 42" chest any good :-) 
And I agree - that's Fugly.
Went to the East Midlands last weekend (i.e. richer that around here so stuff newer than a 15 plate :-) ) and we were behind three SUV thingies at a junction sat up in the van cab- missus remarked that there were three identical marques of car in a row as we looked over the rooflines -  they were actually a Skoda, Hyundai and (I think) a Kia at the front. Subtly different here and there but so bland (and fugly)

18 minutes ago, EyesWeldedShut said:

Went to the East Midlands last weekend (i.e. richer that around here so stuff newer than a 15 plate :-) ) and we were behind three SUV thingies at a junction sat up in the van cab- missus remarked that there were three identical marques of car in a row as we looked over the rooflines -  they were actually a Skoda, Hyundai and (I think) a Kia at the front. Subtly different here and there but so bland (and fugly)

image.thumb.png.9dc038d826a516934c38cd0c15cd8469.png

1 minute ago, EyesWeldedShut said:

I had a p/time job at the village petrol station (circa 1978 ish) where there was still an attended service. Had a hell of a job finding the filler cap on one of these (to the owner's amusement - but I did live in Hicksville).
It did have proper door handles tho'
Vauxhall Chevette

Discretely hidden inside the c-pillar vents.

7 minutes ago, MiniMinorMk3 said:

Discretely hidden inside the c-pillar vents.

Imagine a blushing teenager with petrol pump in hand wandering around the car whilst grizzled, Autoshite type driver grins knowingly in the background. XJ (6??) guy also got a laugh when I only filled up one saddle tank.
Thinking about it - we did 4*, 2* and marine diesel - no DERV - changed days.

11 minutes ago, EyesWeldedShut said:

Imagine a blushing teenager with petrol pump in hand wandering around the car whilst grizzled, Autoshite type driver grins knowingly in the background. XJ (6??) guy also got a laugh when I only filled up one saddle tank.
Thinking about it - we did 4*, 2* and marine diesel - no DERV - changed days.

I had a job at an attended Shell garage on the A21. We did 2, 3 and 4*. We had a blending pump that mixed the 2 and 4 from the tanks. Luckily the DERV pump had a small lock on th elever so you didn't have to hold the nozzle when filling up the big trucks. It could take up to 5 minutes to do just one tank, even with the fast flowing big nozzle.

Worst things to fill up were 2-door Metros, with their low filler neck. You couldn't feed them too fast as they would vomit the fuel back all over your feet.