Cars you didn't know existed until very recently.

philibusmo

It's a Ford.  Looks American but it's not. Not Australian either.

gXH7CAd.jpg

It has dinky little van-panels instead of C-pillar windows.

BkcbWZF.jpg

Because it's a car van hatchback thing for carrying stuff.

vCSgBRx.jpg

Too much stuff.

VfEZ9jR.jpg

It has no centre door pillars and the seats come out easily.

iTwWKNj.jpg

It has rear wheel drive and a little 2.2 litre flathead V8.  Only available with a V8.

VCTGZ94.jpg

GxRu4y6.jpg

It's the French Ford Vedette Abeille, 1952 - 54.  I like it.  A lot.

Pi9sE6k.jpg

Some later Vedettes got a 3.9 litre petrol flathead V8 as used in French Ford trucks but I don't think these basic models were included in the upgrade.

(If anyone's interested, see also Simca V8s).

On 8/26/2020 at 11:45 AM, martc said:

1970 - Dolly birds look, old ladies stare.... different times, different times.

2020 - old fellas on t'internet swoon.

They did a Scorcher (which rings a faint bell), a Safari 6 a Trek and a Sting as well.

Stimson Scorcher 3-wheeler | Small Cars Club

Scorcher...

Bet there was much polishing of helmets - the red one's a Stadium Achilles....

9 minutes ago, dozeydustman said:

Not a car but a bus. The Yutong CityMaster. A 21st Century Routemaster made for Macedonia

EC6F0B81-0E2B-461B-84BD-CEB58A453AA7.thumb.jpeg.f61bab29f58c2699c33f043eea0cef88.jpeg

thats a funny coincidence, as while I have known about these for a few years, I happened to run into them again earlier today while idly reading about double decker buses around the world on wikipedia as you do, and then you post about them now :) 

(also think I have said it before, but LHD Half cabs really mess with my head LOL)

13 hours ago, LightBulbFun said:

(also think I have said it before, but LHD Half cabs really mess with my head LOL)

So what about one with the cab on the right side but the platform on the wrong side? 

16605264742_4e84881932_z.jpg.2d83d0e6e96b0cb8cecda119d860eee6.jpg

This bus did have the platform returned to the correct side. Unfortunately it looked like this. 

678188810_unnamed(1).jpg.f457c15dcb0bfffc86bf6e6f0f491869.jpg

2 hours ago, Yoss said:

So what about one with the cab on the right side but the platform on the wrong side? 

16605264742_4e84881932_z.jpg.2d83d0e6e96b0cb8cecda119d860eee6.jpg

This bus did have the platform returned to the correct side. Unfortunately it looked like this. 

678188810_unnamed(1).jpg.f457c15dcb0bfffc86bf6e6f0f491869.jpg

not sure iv seen a platform swapped RM from the "platform" side before, think iv only see them from the side where the platform is supposed to be but is not LOL, at least its much cleaner than just hacking a door into the side of the bus as I have sadly seen done a few times

sadly not the only RM iv seen butchered like that, there is another rebuilt to look like a 1930s double decker, cant quite recall its registration other than it was scottish A suffix re-reg jobby ending in 299A (I thought maybe EDS299A or LDS299A but none of those turn up an RM)

1 hour ago, Richard_FM said:

3267921094_c2a93d70e0_o.thumb.jpg.60ad8c1489df10472f4c84b700329f24.jpg

Here are some LHD ones in Portugal.

did those start out as LHD or where they converted? I wonder because I know stagecoach had some operations in Portugal where they sent some RMAs over which had the entrance/stair case flipped (but I think they reminded RHD)

2 hours ago, egg said:

I did not know that Honda sell a Hydrogen Fuel cell in just in California (naturally!) called the Clarity. There's also a PHEV version.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_Clarity

1920px-2018_Honda_Clarity_Fuel_Cell.jpg

Originally the FCX Clarity. Can't remember whether it was Honda or Toyota that made a fuel cell car available on an experimental basis here, but there was only one hydrogen filling station set up at Sainsbury's Colindale. The pump is no longer in use, but is still there.

4 minutes ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

Originally the FCX Clarity. Can't remember whether it was Honda or Toyota that made a fuel cell car available on an experimental basis here, but there was only one hydrogen filling station set up at Sainsbury's Colindale. The pump is no longer in use, but is still there.

Yep, I was aware that Toyo have the Mirai, James May has one and raves about it! I didn't know how advanced Honda's work in this area was.

51 minutes ago, LightBulbFun said:

not sure iv seen a platform swapped RM from the "platform" side before, think iv only see them from the side where the platform is supposed to be but is not LOL, at least its much cleaner than just hacking a door into the side of the bus as I have sadly seen done a few times

sadly RM iv seen butchered like that, there is another rebuilt to look like a 1930s double decker, cant quite recall its registration other than it was scottish A suffix re-reg jobby ending in 299A (I thought maybe EDS299A or LDS299A but none of those turn up an RM)

did those start out as LHD or where they converted? I wonder because I know stagecoach had some operations in Portugal where they sent some RMAs over which had the entrance/stair case flipped (but I think they reminded RHD)

Yep, Portuguese Regents were a thing. 

24 minutes ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

That's the one. It didn't really catch on, and I don't know of any other hydrogen fuel stations other than the defunct Sainsbury's one.

Google tells me about 16 or so stations, one on Orkney! But most near M25 for Mr May's convenience...

35 minutes ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

Is there a current pic of that?  I have a strange fascination with anything quirky or out-of-place like that, things like signs for long-defunct shops that are still in place years later for example.