Cars you didn't know existed until very recently.

philibusmo

3 hours ago, vulgalour said:

It's like they couldn't make up their mind about what to do at the back, so they did everything.  Michelotti concept from the early 70s, based on a 1300 Fiat 128 coupé, mechanically speaking: https://www.ruotevecchie.org/fiat-128-pulsar-1971/

Probably because it didn't need changing - the 128 3P coupe was a great design. (3P = 3 porta?)

On 11/24/2019 at 4:47 PM, JeeExEll said:

cXivlur.jpg

Really like this one.  Neat little steel sunroof too.  Why don't they make basic little cars like this anymore?

Badge says Simca.  Every day's a schoolday.

There's a derelict one of those in Dollywobbler's Horopito Motors video. That one has a less neat sunroof though (watch the video and you'll see what I mean).

Apologies for the American-themed post but I know you all love something a bit different.

I'm currently in The States and doing a bit of research on the whole GM brand and all the sub-divisions that were dissolved throughout the consolidation of the company in the 90s/00s.  One victim of the cull was the Oldsmobile brand, founded in 1897.  Towards the end of their final demise in 2004, they were making some typically American comfy, albeit rather soulless, barges.  To mark the end, each model left in the lineup was given the runout treatment badged as the "Final 500".  500 of each model that came in this stunning cherry red colour, with lashings of beige leather and wood, plus badges that harked back to the very first Oldsmobile emblem.  The Silhouette, which is the "minivan" in the pictures below actually only made it to 360, because of lack of demand and pressure by GM on the production line for the Chevrolet version of it.  The Aurora would be my choice, it came with a silky 4 litre V8 and would look right at home in a retirement village with "I Support Trump" campaign stickers on it.

A sad end to a brand with such a rich history.  

36afd1c1570876fb9ff5485aa06bd50e_2004-oldsmobile-silhouette-premiere-the-final-50066360_1000-667.jpg

final500silhouette3.jpg

2003AurTCcx.jpg

aurorafinal500engine.jpg

On 11/26/2019 at 7:52 PM, R9UKE said:

Apologies for the American-themed post but I know you all love something a bit different.

I'm currently in The States and doing a bit of research on the whole GM brand and all the sub-divisions that were dissolved throughout the consolidation of the company in the 90s/00s.  One victim of the cull was the Oldsmobile brand, founded in 1897.  Towards the end of their final demise in 2004, they were making some typically American comfy, albeit rather soulless, barges.  To mark the end, each model left in the lineup was given the runout treatment badged as the "Final 500".  500 of each model that came in this stunning cherry red colour, with lashings of beige leather and wood, plus badges that harked back to the very first Oldsmobile emblem.  The Silhouette, which is the "minivan" in the pictures below actually only made it to 360, because of lack of demand and pressure by GM on the production line for the Chevrolet version of it.  The Aurora would be my choice, it came with a silky 4 litre V8 and would look right at home in a retirement village with "I Support Trump" campaign stickers on it.

A sad end to a brand with such a rich history.  

36afd1c1570876fb9ff5485aa06bd50e_2004-oldsmobile-silhouette-premiere-the-final-50066360_1000-667.jpg

final500silhouette3.jpg

On 12/1/2019 at 8:41 AM, bunglebus said:

FB_IMG_1575189502132.jpg

FB_IMG_1575189495177.jpg

Those allegedly have sills full of concrete as chopping the roof off lost so much structural integrity. Not so much a floppytop as a floppybody.

I'm sure I must have told this story before, but way back in the early 1990s my mum's Metro got run into by what she was adamant was an Allegro convertible and was one of only two on the road, but both my dad and I refused to believe such a thing existed and thought she must have been confused. Turns out she was right and the Allegro convertible is indeed a thing as I saw one at a BL show a couple of years ago.

3 hours ago, quicksilver said:

I'm sure I must have told this story before, but way back in the early 1990s my mum's Metro got run into by what she was adamant was an Allegro convertible and was one of only two on the road, but both my dad and I refused to believe such a thing existed and thought she must have been confused. Turns out she was right and the Allegro convertible is indeed a thing as I saw one at a BL show a couple of years ago.

Mistaken identity?

11554444.jpg