philibusmo

Cars you didn't know existed until very recently.

Thanks to our very own @dollywobbler I'm now aware of the Dongfeng Fukang, or Citroen Fukang 998, or Dongfeng-Citroen Fukang, or Citroen Elysee.  It's a ZX with a boot.

citroen-fukang-988-sedan-china-1.jpg

It got a terrible facelift, which seems to be the one that's the Elysee.

citroen-c-elysee-4.jpg

You can get them as a weird roller-shutter van thing.

19381264.jpg

You can get them as a crew-cab.

19380101.jpg

Naturally, you can also get them with more legroom in the back, because China, and that's the Citroen Dong Feng Elysse Limousine VIP.  Or something.  It seems every car has half a dozen different names, each one longer and more pointless than the last.  It's a ZX with a boot and fat B pillars.

citroen-vip-china-1.jpg

On 10/25/2019 at 1:49 AM, vulgalour said:

Thanks to our very own @dollywobbler I'm now aware of the Dongfeng Fukang, or Citroen Fukang 998, or Dongfeng-Citroen Fukang, or Citroen Elysee.  It's a ZX with a boot.

citroen-fukang-988-sedan-china-1.jpg

It got a terrible facelift, which seems to be the one that's the Elysee.

citroen-c-elysee-4.jpg

You can get them as a weird roller-shutter van thing.

19381264.jpg

You can get them as a crew-cab.

19380101.jpg

There was a plan also in France to give the XM a third and more radical make-over in the late 90's introducing a solid C-pillar, boot and corporatising the nose to the then current Citroen look. I don't think it looks bad. Did not get beyond a prototype alas. That wingtip XM badge is particularly neat in how it resolves the (old) scallop to the (new) nose fit.

The automotive 'makeover' is as old as the car I suppose - some better than others. Saab were one of the masters with the 99 and derivatives.

20191031_121318.jpg.99f56f73c210a9b4acd154f36b9e1e89.jpg

More:

http://www.citroenet.org.uk/passenger-cars/psa/xm/xm-16.html

4 hours ago, bunglebus said:

Didn't realise the Jag XJC was also sold as the Daimler Sovereign coupé

20796_0.jpg?1541177778

And as the 'Double Six' with the V12.

I remember years ago that the Coupe was tipped to be "the next really valuable Jaguar" etc.

Ironic that the Ford Cortina etc long ago overtook it in value. Something completely unforseen 20 years ago.

Polished tyres or not,  I'm sure I can see bubbling of rust developing under the paint on the sills and along the bottom of the doors even as I look at the photo..     Look you can clearly see it now.  :help:

On ‎11‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 7:22 PM, rusty998 said:

Currently being advertised on Facebook, dropped from production for the freelander 

Screenshot_20191104-184313_Facebook.thumb.jpg.d100bfc0d1ebed5b4ebeea0db4c5e0b7.jpg

£999,999! What's it made from? Pure gold? (or pure beige....).

Tielhol is a company I didn't know existed, though the cars that made me aware of them are the Citadine and the Tangara.

95112983.jpg

The Citadine is available in a variety of body styles, including van and pick up (they all look charmingly daft).  The Handicar variant is probably the most interesting since it looks to have some clever engineering going on to problem solve wheelchair access.

teilhol-0005-353x251.jpg

Cheating a bit here as it's an Autocar rendering based on a prototype but just look at it.

18-sierra-1.jpg.f3872574986a4479c6347942f0256859.jpg

Growing up in 90s NE London / Essex leaves a mark and this may very well be my perfect car.  How hard would it be to import a facelift 3 door and convert to RHD?  I have a nice 302 V8 to go in it.

16 minutes ago, cort1977 said:

Cheating a bit here as it's an Autocar rendering based on a prototype but just look at it.

18-sierra-1.jpg.f3872574986a4479c6347942f0256859.jpg

Growing up in 90s NE London / Essex leaves a mark and this may very well be my perfect car.  How hard would it be to import a facelift 3 door and convert to RHD?  I have a nice 302 V8 to go in it.

Easier than getting some custom built 'handed' Saph Cos wheels and then fitting them wrong.

I do like it though