Cars you didn't know existed until very recently.

philibusmo

I was also shocked* to learn of the existence of the ford ecosport when dropping a van off at a dealership. It took it being parked next to the equally shit kuga to know they were two different things. See also transit courier

The Ecosport is a south-american-Ford, built and developed for the south american markets. That´s why it has a backdoor like an old RAV4, that´s why the suspension is not up to Fords european standards and thats why the whole car feels very cheap and filthy. No 2WD too, so useless. 

But Ford does not have a small SUV and as this market is exploding at the moment, they are importing the Ecosport as a fill-in. 

That Lexus is another new design with creases and swage lines that either don't go anywhere or don't line up.

My company Focus has them and in the right light you would swear someone had backed in to it and driven off.

Incidentally my iPad corrected that to read "sewage lines". How did it know?

The Ecosport is a south-american-Ford, built and developed for the south american markets. That´s why it has a backdoor like an old RAV4, that´s why the suspension is not up to Fords european standards and thats why the whole car feels very cheap and filthy. No 2WD too, so useless. 

But Ford does not have a small SUV and as this market is exploding at the moment, they are importing the Ecosport as a fill-in. 

Someone at work has one in black - looks bloody hideous and she's already on about replacing it. THe Lexus does work well in the flesh though, especially dark colours

Spotted a few of these locally (in Ireland) - Did the Astra Saloon (née Belmont) make the UK in it's current guise?

2015-01-04_lif_5845339_I1.JPG

No, not in the UK.

Searching on the U.S. Ford site for info on the new Mustang, I discovered there is a saloon version of the current Focus as well. Sadly not one of the Fiesta though, which would be epically shite.

I saw a new shape Mitsubishi Mirage on the road today, the first one I've seen.  Looks a bit like the old Colt at the front, and like a Daewoo Matiz with a mild case of gigantism from the back.  Needless to say, it was being driven unnecessarily slowly by an old giffer.

Nissan Ebro... A new one on me

Just turned up for sale in the next

villageattachicon.gifimage.jpg

Our local greengrocers had a blue one from new until it was as rotten as their pears.

They were on sale until the Vanette arrived.

Ah, the Ebro Trade. Our local fruit and veg shop also had one in the late eighties/early nineties. It was white and very rusty...

All that front Nissan badging on that camper isn't original on an Ebro of that vintage. From what I remember, going by the fruit and veg example, the only mention of Nissan was on the bottom of one of the rear doors were it said in a smaller script underneath EBRO, 'powered by Nissan' or something similar...

The fruit and veg one was identical to this, without the roof rack, and RHD obviously...

i104943.jpg

Edit, - In fact 'Spottedlaurel', formerly of this parish, spotted a D plated one here on his Flickr, you can make out the Nissan badge on the door...

Links ->  https://flic.kr/p/bDjaZv

https://flic.kr/p/bDjb3X

Nissan Ebro... A new one on me

Just turned up for sale in the next

villageattachicon.gifimage.jpg

I think I saw that outside the pub at Barrowden last year. I've seen plenty of them in Spain, but that didn't stop me from thinking it was a T25 that had been subjected to some new bastardisation beyond my understanding.