Cars you didn't know existed until very recently.

philibusmo

Petrol Transits are not what they once were: 275 horsepower!

attachicon.gifPicture 2.png

That US Transit reminds me. I was told about the existence of this at Xmas - The Ram ProMaster...

3.6 litre Pentastar V6 in a Ducato...

6558.jpg

There is also this. A US Spec Combo/Doblo - Ram ProMaster 'City'...

2015-ram-promaster-city-front-three-quar

Yeh, Pretty much the only small car at the time you could get in 2/3/4/5 door format, oddly the 3 doors had different front wings also.

Yeah, only the three door, the most common one, got box arches.

My mates rally car was a three door, with saloon wings. Took me ages to figure out what was wrong.

Known as the Echo in the US, and featuring in a film where an obsessive killer drives around in one soon after launch probably didn't help sales (the excellent Photoshop with Robin Williams)

That Dodge Doblo is really, really, gopping. Is this now the most branded vehicle available, given you can buy it as a Dodge Ram, Fiat, Vauxhall, Opel and Mercedes?

They have the GM V6 as found in the Cavalier of a similar vintage, they were a tad front heavy so most favoured the 4 pot turbo.

I do remember a mate having this engine in a Cav, and it was ludicrously economical for what it was.   

They have the GM V6 as found in the Cavalier of a similar vintage, they were a tad front heavy so most favoured the 4 pot turbo.

I do remember a mate having this engine in a Cav, and it was ludicrously economical for what it was.

On the mk3 cav it was the lightweight*bulkhead that made them so economical;)

*by lightweight i mean "rusted to fuck"

I didn't realise these things existed in 2.5 V6 form and I wanna know lots more about them!

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

I had the ex gadgetpricey now craigprincess v6 soft top. They are ok.

Much more a cruiser than anything else. Mpg round town mid 20s on a run 35ish.

Wouldn't label them as shit. Did exactly what it was supposed to, rapid enough and with V6 burble.

As per the GS thread, I had never heard of the G Special which was a base spec GS. Here is one in some sort of bizarre photo/video 'close up' with some random music by Tommy Roe. 

I can't help but think that The Specials might have been more appropriate. Maybe 'International Jet Set'.

American Motors Eagle

$_12.JPG

I had heard the name but didn't realise what it was until this one popped on the ebay tat thread at the weekend.

4WD on a hatchback shopping car must make these the original "Crossover". Damn sure I would rather have one than a Puke or an Ewok! Especially in this 2Dr. form - epically shite, but big pushrod straight six = win!

attachicon.gifAMCEagle.jpg

Volvo clearly think that the car-buying public have missed the AMC Eagle so much that they've decided to re-invent it... enter the new S60 XC!

hgfmzywi259jneu3r4xu_zps2021e009.jpg

The latest answer to a question nobody asked...

Us sprinters - formerly dodge & freight liner now just mercedes. Chrysler are now selling all kinds of fiat or iveco tat as ram vans and ford have just released the new transit over here.

Gm are the last redoubt of the old style us vans but the build quality of those would make a Vito blush. The bonnet paint on Chevy vans lasts about as long as a wine gum even down here in texas.

That Colt looks like someone took the remnants of a Ford Falcon, a Triumph Herald, a Renault 6 and a Mk1 Ford Cortina and welded them all together to create one really awesome little car.

They were the first Mitsubishi sold in Australia, and were well regarded so helped massively with the establishment of Japanese cars there. ODDITY... look closely at the centre side window and you can see the catch at the bottom centre, yep, hinged at the top and open just like the ones in your house.