Cars you didn't know existed until very recently.

philibusmo

The other day I saw a 'Cosworth Fantom'

It was a Range Rover with lots of letters stuck on the back.

I only caught up with it for a read because I thought it said Rexton.

Fantom Styling apparently, but the website no longer seems to exist 

& it just looked like Halfords letters stuck on by a dyslexic tard.

We get two different Honda Accords, the Accord Euro and Accord.

The Euro is a smaller car than the Accord.

I don't think you get the Accord in UK. Note the different line of the rear door, that tells you they are different bodies,

Accord Euro

attachicon.gifaccord euro 1.jpg

attachicon.gifaccord euro 2.jpg

attachicon.gifaccord euro 3.jpg

Accord

attachicon.gifaccord 3.jpg

attachicon.gifaccord 2.jpg

Here in America, we get both Accords, too.  But under different names.

The smaller Accord Euro is sold here as the Acura TSX.  Honda's posh Acura brand optimistically pitches the TSX as a 3-Series rival.

The big Accord is actually the super-sized US market Honda Accord.  Acura also sells a fancy version of the bloated US-Accord as the Acura TL, which has been recently rechristened as the TLX

Oh, and we also had the Legend, too.  But it's called the Acura RL over here.  Acura has just launched the new redesigned model as the Acura RLX.

You can use this handy chart to understand how Honda's Acura division models stack up......

US-spec Honda Civic saloon   =   Acura ILX (Formerly the Acura CSX in Canada and known as the Acura EL in Canada prior to that)

Global Accord (AKA Accord Euro)   =   Acura TSX

Fat-Pig US-spec Honda Accord   =   Acura TLX (Formerly the Acura TL)

Honda Legend       =     Acura RLX (formerly the Acura RL)

In previous years, Acura also offered an Accord-based coupe (Acura CL) and the older Legend, Integra and NSX were also sold here under the Acura badge.

How many turning company's can get there hands on a Range Rover? I through there was only Overfinch then i found this

RevereRangeRover_zps2eab278a.jpg

Its a Revere?

Yes, and they are seriously expensive, they are sold solely in a dealership in ol' Laahndun town 

Also badged as R-Tec and D.A.P

Thanks for the info on the Honda/Acura situation, so that's what my Californian friend was on about when she said she didn't understand Honda Accords over here and muttered something about a TSX. It all seems needlessly confusing to me but that's the good ol' USA for you.

These were sold in the Uk alongside the swoopy 5 dr 323f and 4 door saloon. Sales of the 3 door proved dismal in the extreme and it was replaced after 2 years on sale with the mechanically identical but more conventional looking 3 door when the range was refreshed in late 97 ish.

The later 3-door (323P) didn't sell much at all either - I think the ones I've seen out and about over the years could be counted on the fingers of one hand...

640px-Mazda_323_front_20080222.jpg

We get the smaller of those cars as an Accord.

I don't think we get the big one anymore but it would have been known as a Legend.

The bigger accord there is the yank one, it's smaller than a legend but bigger than our euro accord. My Accord V6 is the two door version of it, the septics get a 4 door sedan as well as a 2door coupe. This is the reason Accord Aerodecks used to look nothing like standard uk Accords of the same age as they were imported from the US.

The Legend is the next size segment up, with many more shiny gizmos.

Edit:- Mad chappie beat me to it, that will teach me to read all of the thread before replying!

Nissan Sileighty. Front end of a Silvia s13, rear end of a 180sx. It was a thing, and you could buy it brand new in the '90s. Cool, if a bit pointless. I think they're very sought after in the JDM TURBO DRIFT RACE POWER YO scene.

34e3ta9.jpg

Scores as a strong 6/10 on my Wantometer.

QUATLITY AND HIGH PERFORMANCE CAR

I didn't get any photos as it was dark but I had a drive to collect something from Oldham last night. Pulled up at side of the road to boot sat nav and the car parked in front was a 13 plate Suzuki kizashi I think it said. Looked a large ish car too.

Papped one in Schweißeland in August:

post-16950-0-49367100-1415985457_thumb.jpg

Did a double take, followed rapidly by a microyawn and a shrug.

Did the SilEighty come about as a result of drifters twatting the front of their 180SXs and replacing it with the cheaper, less complex and more plentiful Silvia front end, or am I talking bollocks?

From Wikipedia:

"The Sileighty (also written as Sil80) originated through early street racers in Japan who owned Nissan 180SXs with damaged front ends. Because the Silvia's front panels and lights were lighter and cheaper than the 180SX replacement parts, many drifters used these parts instead. Unknown to the public until the release date, these end user modifications inspired a Japanese auto shop, Kids Heart, to produce a small number of so-called "official" or "real" Nissan Sileighties. It is on record that 500 cars were made by this shop, and were only sold in 1998.[1] Essentially the kouki (late model) 180SX Type-X tuned for drifting, the cars are distinguished from their home-built brethren by the distinctive "Sileighty" name on the rear dressplate and quarter windows. The Sileighty includes performance-oriented modifications such as a new ECU, a stiffer suspension system, an improved limited-slip differential, and an increase in turbocharger boost from 7 psi (0.5 bar) to about 13 psi (0.9 bar), resulting in approximately 230 hp (172 kW), versus 205 from the standard Silvia's SR20DET or the 180SX's 175 hp (130 kW) CA18DET. The Sileighty is not recognized by any government as a Nissan manufactured model; instead it is generally treated as the model of the original car before modification."