Cars you didn't know existed until very recently.

philibusmo

3 hours ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

Could be imported. I'll get a photo next time I'm up at John's. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/284857838834?hash=item4252d9acf2:g:j2IAAOSwFKdiq~uo

There's one for sale on Ebay.  Perhaps they were an official model, but just not very popular.

Just now, Missy Charm said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/284857838834?hash=item4252d9acf2:g:j2IAAOSwFKdiq~uo

There's one for sale on Ebay.  Perhaps they were an official model, but just not very popular.

Same colour as John's Mum's one and everything. The reg on theirs starts on KE though, IIRC, I've not really paid much attention to it as the rear end of the thing does make me a little nauseous... 🤣

corvette-hatch-rear-e1561382959645.jpg

Following on from the Astra body on a Corvette chassis, here's the 1975 Corvette hatchback.  It wasn't an official model, but conversions were done on a semi-official basis on new cars by a coachbuilder.  It's rather better resolved, visually speaking, than the German efforts with the Astra and the Porsche estate.   In fact, it's a very elegant car. 

13 hours ago, artdjones said:

Alfa also built the R4 under licence for a while.9883_31.jpg.a66511af44c5ec1eff38487c9b1468db.jpg9883_11.jpg.eeafb0b200e0262042a2748e00e3bedb.jpg9883_10.jpg.45b2cee780f1de5fa2de8784e0f0adbc.jpg

I didn't realize it, but they actually built 41000 of these over two years, then the tax policy of the Italian government changed, so they stopped production. My suspicion would be that Fiat leaned on the government to do that, as they have always had a lot of political influence. And for all the appeal of the Fiat 500 and 600, the R4 is a far superior car for every day use and practicality than either of them. In fact it's probably the best of all the "people's cars."So Fiat would be looking at a large loss of sales if production had continued.