Cars you didn't know existed until very recently.

philibusmo

On 4/23/2022 at 11:01 PM, catsinthewelder said:

Only a matter of time really but saw my first Vauxhall Movano Mk3 this week.

420791134_Screenshot_20220423-2257352.thumb.png.b2bcc86f956351c552af702535e2ffb0.png

So Vauxhall's new van has been available from a French manufacturer for the last 15 years, where have we seen that before? 

1080909837_Screenshot_20220423-2302312.thumb.png.ddc8065fc5cd2b7301e93bb529f3d37c.png

Saw my first one of those last week too. At first I thought someone had just nailed a griffin badge to a Boxer as there's so little difference. A quick and dirty job I suppose as Stellantis wanted to put an end to Vauxhall paying royalties to their arch-rival ASAP.

On 4/21/2022 at 8:50 PM, RoverFolkUs said:

Saw a Seat Exeo today. I was aware of them, but didn't realise they were basically an Audi A4 until today! I saw the door handles and thought "Audi" but then saw the badge!

This too. The mid section looks identical to the Audi and only when I looked at the ends did I realise it wasn't one.

4 hours ago, quicksilver said:

Saw my first one of those last week too. At first I thought someone had just nailed a griffin badge to a Boxer as there's so little difference. A quick and dirty job I suppose as Stellantis wanted to put an end to Vauxhall paying royalties to their arch-rival ASAP

I was surprised how long it's taken as until I did a quick research for this post I thought the new shape Renault Master in 2020 was a new model, but it turns out it's a facelift of the 2010 model.

On 4/21/2022 at 8:50 PM, RoverFolkUs said:

Saw a Seat Exeo today. I was aware of them, but didn't realise they were basically an Audi A4 until today! I saw the door handles and thought "Audi" but then saw the badge!

They were the previous generation A4 saloon and IIRC, had an A4 cabby dashboard.

You can't buy certain parts for them, either. I'm sure someone on here said you cannot get bootlids at all.

1 hour ago, Out Run said:

They were the previous generation A4 saloon and IIRC, had an A4 cabby dashboard.

You can't buy certain parts for them, either. I'm sure someone on here said you cannot get bootlids at all.

B6/B7 A4 cabby dashboard and B8 A4 engines!

7 hours ago, motorpunk said:

Triumph TR5. Not 4, or 6, or 7. I saw this in Norfolk yesterday and had to do a Google. Pretty thing!

844F2FB6-CD0D-47C1-B68D-0C6FFA87A5A9.jpeg

You're a youngster aren't you? Not having a go, just an observation. The best TR. Not just my opinion, prices would back that up. The US got a TR250 as the injection system wouldn't meet their emission standards so they got the same engine with twin carbs and much less power. 

3 hours ago, Yoss said:

You're a youngster aren't you? Not having a go, just an observation. The best TR. Not just my opinion, prices would back that up. The US got a TR250 as the injection system wouldn't meet their emission standards so they got the same engine with twin carbs and much less power. 

Child of the ‘70s. 👍