Cars you didn't know existed until very recently.

philibusmo

16 hours ago, Missy Charm said:

Hyundai Getz 1.4i Cross 2007 | Datum eerste toelating: 18-05… | Flickr

On the subject of weird Hyundais, have we had the 'Getz Cross'?  It really is called that.  I've seen one in real life, possibly on foreign plates, and recall finding the name amusing.  Were they sold over here?  

Did they have a sporty one called Getz Raging?

4 hours ago, Three Speed said:

I like this

https://baevantare.co.uk/

27CD8F79-287D-483D-AF7B-63217A9D9B9F.jpeg.3c0b3867619472338b8bf5104b464041.jpegFBA7D048-3617-4D42-9465-026396F0D4D0.jpeg.bc5dd4363f6116fc99ec41b3eb1f3a88.jpeg

I like it too.  I don't think the design is quite resolved, for a number of reasons, but it's a nice looking car.  Goes to show how good the real DB5 was, however.  My criticism of the design is that it can't quite seem to decide whether it's an homage to the DB5, an evocation of sixties Aston Martins in general or something else.  It seems to be trying to  do all three at the same time.  

5 minutes ago, Snake Charmer said:

I saw something similar a few years ago, a retro looking DB5, how long have they beea about?

Not long (revealed in 2021, apparently). However, there is another modern sportscar-based DB5 design called the David Brown Speedback GT (which looks much better imho), and that one was first shown in 2014:

2014-david-brown-speedback-gt-5.jpg

The Speedback is also horrid. I remember looking carefully at the prototype a few years ago and it was real classic British kit car quality - rusty phillips head screws holding the tail lamps on, that sort of thing.

Anyway, in better news. I am a bit obsessed with Peugeot's Roland Garros line. I can't think of any car which isn't improved by metallic green paint and a posh interior. I hate leather seats and I'd still love a leather-clad 106 or whatever. I recently discovered there was an 806 Roland Garros!!!! How amazing (and impractical for an MPV) does this look??

81fZx5MQ0GL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

18 hours ago, High Jetter said:

That is, as some say, the badger. 

That is, as some say, the badger, thanks.  I wonder if that's the one @Inspiral_Mondays had in mind.

Thanks for digging that out, and also the other suggestions. It could have been the one, though in my mind‘s eye it was grey, like the real one above, with a black, sideways opening bonnet. But this would have been ca. 1973 so who knows.

7 minutes ago, Inspiral_Mondays said:

Thanks for digging that out, and also the other suggestions. It could have been the one, though in my mind‘s eye it was grey, like the real one above, with a black, sideways opening bonnet. But this would have been ca. 1973 so who knows.

The Corgi Lancia has a side-opening bonnet, and later Whizzwheels versions had a black bonnet, but only available in orange or yellow. The Alfa had a front-hinged bonnet, and the Mebetoys model had this feature, but the Solido had a cast shut bonnet.

771_-55522137.jpg

49092017657_b40a571a8a_b.jpg

1 hour ago, Inspiral_Mondays said:

No problem, it was bugging me - and if I'd remembered it was a Fulvia I might have helped more then.  The only ones I can see with a black bonnet are yellow or orange. God I wish I hadn't got rid of the majority of the Corgi & Dinky models I had as a kid!

CORGI 332 | Check-a-Mart Toys

Corgi 332 Lancia Fluvia Zagato - Fine quality vintage diecast model toys.