Cars you didn't know existed until very recently.

philibusmo

On 3/31/2022 at 5:20 PM, garethj said:

The G26 is perhaps the most Autoshite of Ginetta cars, there’s a self help group here for sufferers owners

I had a G26 for about 12 months and sold it in 2008/9.  It had been modified by its previous owner to prove a point i.e. that the normally Pinto powered manual could accommodate a Ford Cologne 2.8 V6 and autobox.  It was appalling, although I sort of liked it when it decided to work for a day or two. It had poor ground clearance, was nose heavy and the Cortina electrics fought a nightly battle with the German electronics, usually resulting in a flat battery by the morning.  There's a photo of mine somewhere on here.

post-18170-0-49983100-1551558908.jpeg

Edited by RayMK
Could only find a shot of the interior.

On 3/31/2022 at 3:39 AM, AndaBoss said:

Mazda Chantez, first found out about it in this article 23 two-stroke classic cars (msn.com)

AAVEx2T.img?w=800&h=415&q=60&m=2&f=jpg

Orignally planned to have a rotary but Mazda couldn't build one to meet with Kei-car regulations, so they went with a 2 stroke in the end. The Japanese rotary tuners RE Amemiya fitted a 260 horsepower 12A unit into one of these in the early 80's, and it was able to reach a top speed of 240kph (150mph) with a curb weight of 490kg!

RE-Amemiya-Mazda-Chantez-640x379.jpeg.5024c6e8f2beef224cdb39510d0bcc00.jpeg

mm_chante82.jpeg.d9a39bd9f8fccdcfcdd3c4f5614d65c1.jpeg

On 4/6/2022 at 7:07 PM, Leyland Worldmaster said:

Very interesting, thanks for that.

The car museum in Turin where they showed the recreation to Gandini is well worth a visit.

5 hours ago, artdjones said:

They were quite common in Ireland. My brother had a 1.9D that was quite a good buy. The VR6 was quite a car, as it was fast, but very boring looking.

It was the Jetta but renamed when the Golf Mark it was based on was updated.,and later became the Bora and then back to Jetta in subsequent revisions.