Cars you didn't know existed until very recently.

philibusmo

1 hour ago, adw1977 said:

Dave R on Flickr posted this 1998 photo of one in the UK.

2022-03-19_10-59-34.thumb.jpg.13c87cfe3091230114efae4a090c0073.jpg

https://flic.kr/p/SLpYyA

I like that. Surely it must be connected with the UK reg Keinath B1 OPEL.

56 minutes ago, D.E said:

6-wheeled Peugeot 309 camper. No idea wether it was built by someone in a shed or an actual factory. Maybe some (possibly small) British firm? It is rhd...

Peugeot 309 camper

Isn't that the back end of a Cortina/Sierra Starcraft grafted to the front of a poor unsuspecting Pug 309? No idea why and there doesn't seem to be anything about it online.

2 hours ago, quicksilver said:

I like that. Surely it must be connected with the UK reg Keinath B1 OPEL.

Isn't that the back end of a Cortina/Sierra Starcraft grafted to the front of a poor unsuspecting Pug 309? No idea why and there doesn't seem to be anything about it online.

Note the Dutch registered Princess.

26 minutes ago, MKT said:

These are RWD afaik

Launched in 1990 (based on ye olde underpinnings) and already looked five years out of date. Only stopped making them in 2005 because they couldn't afford to bring them up to spec to meet emissions rules. 

How shite would one of these be compared to, say, a Yugo Skala or FSO Caro?

The Buick Opel by Isuzu. Now there's a car with an identity crisis.

27536050474_7f902a2331_b.thumb.jpg.0595628cf093698dc37f298a8f9dc012.jpg

Another of the eleventy million GM T-car variants, it's essentially a federalised Isuzu Gemini sold in the US as a replacement when the Deutschmark exchange rate made the Manta too expensive to import (and who knew Opel Mantas were sold in the US by Buick dealers?)

Proton Coupe on the beach

Not so much a car that I didn't know existed, but one I had completely forgotten about and suddenly remembered: the Proton Coupe.  The Coupe, or Putra in its home market, was related to the Proton Satria, which as we all know was based on the Mitsubishi Colt.  The Coupe, however, was a stylistic copy of the Australian market Mitsubishi Lancer Coupe or Mirage Asti, which is the Japanese Colt.  It's all very confusing.  Engine was a 1.8.  I've actually seen one in real life.  

On 3/23/2022 at 9:31 PM, Missy Charm said:

Proton Coupe on the beach

Not so much a car that I didn't know existed, but one I had completely forgotten about and suddenly remembered: the Proton Coupe.  The Coupe, or Putra in its home market, was related to the Proton Satria, which as we all know was based on the Mitsubishi Colt.  The Coupe, however, was a stylistic copy of the Australian market Mitsubishi Lancer Coupe or Mirage Asti, which is the Japanese Colt.  It's all very confusing.  Engine was a 1.8.  I've actually seen one in real life.  

I used to have one when I was still in the motor trade a long time ago, always had the strange desire to swop over all the evo3 parts inc rear floor pan to make it 4wd, for the life of me I can’t actually remember what happened to that car 

1 hour ago, garethj said:

The G26 is perhaps the most Autoshite of Ginetta cars, there’s a self help group here for sufferers owners

I had one as my first car, surprisingly good.

I think there is an Urban Myth that a motoring journalist got sacked for concluding it was better than a manufactured car he was testing it against, but I can't confirm 

4 hours ago, Spurious said:

Apparently an Axiam of some sort. Never heard of this one, they did the little B1 class cars right? Sounded rough and two cylinderish 

Rubbish photo sorry. 

IMG_20220331_150713.jpg

Screenshot_20220331_150911_com.android.chrome.jpg

In France and here in Spain these can be driven without a drivers licence. They are limited to 45KPH. They can travel most roads except Autovías (motorways). Fast roads and they are f-ing dangerous.

You can read about them in Spanish.

https://www.motorpasion.com/coches-electricos/coches-carnet-mejores-ofertas-2021-para-otra-forma-movilidad-alternativa

1 hour ago, Remspoor said:

In France and here in Spain these can be driven without a drivers licence. They are limited to 45KPH. They can travel most roads except Autovías (motorways). Fast roads and they are f-ing dangerous.

You can read about them in Spanish.

https://www.motorpasion.com/coches-electricos/coches-carnet-mejores-ofertas-2021-para-otra-forma-movilidad-alternativa

They are what alcoholics drive when they get put off the road.