Cars you didn't know existed until very recently.

philibusmo

On 1/9/2022 at 10:45 AM, ProgRocker said:

On a similar note I thought I saw a latest generation Honda Civic saloon yesterday - with UK registration plates. However, Honda only seem to sell the 5 door hatchback here. :unsure:

It was like this but in grey. Notice the edge of the boot above the tail light. :o  B)

Image 5 of 25

2018 Honda Civic

If they do one elsewhere in other RHD (Japan, Cyprus, SA and so on), then perhaps it's an import?

Definitely exists apparently. This one on a 68 plate

https://www.whatcar.com/honda/civic/saloon/review/n18863

7 hours ago, MisterH said:

And not in a tongue in cheek way either, well proportioned, fit and finish was quite high too. Of course, I never got to experience one in its prime (mine was pourous) but it was a good little car. Do I remember correctly that a magazine (CAR, Motor, Autocar, Top Gear?) tester was fired for concluding the G26 was better than equivalent production cars? 

IMG_1652.thumb.JPG.220f3e79f34e27e9761b1ea1027deec4.JPG

I had one of those. Felt heavy to push about...

The BMW 2 series Grand Coupe...

Video: BMW M235i Gran Coupe Review Mocks Styling

Showing here in M235i spec.

Saw one in the same spec as above in person yesterday, me and a mate were stumped at first as we had no idea it existed. I though it was a new 1 Series Saloon at first (Even though it's not been sold here) but when it parked up saw it was the Grand Coupe. 

It's an interesting one, being a niche of a niche of a niche...Its the 'Coupe' of the 2 Series Active Tourer MPV, which is the FWD model of the  BMW family, but been put in the 2 series range, which also has the RWD coupe, which is based off the 1 Series. Yes, you understand that? 🤣

7 minutes ago, 17-Coffees said:

The BMW 2 series Grand Coupe...

Video: BMW M235i Gran Coupe Review Mocks Styling

It's an interesting one, being a niche of a niche of a niche...Its the 'Coupe' of the 2 Series Active Tourer MPV, which is the FWD model of the  BMW family, but been put in the 2 series range, which also has the RWD coupe, which is based off the 1 Series. Yes, you understand that? 🤣

They cunts are just making it up as they go along.

8 minutes ago, JeeExEll said:

That's an interesting vid, I didn't realise things were so bad.

Have had several 80s and 90s BMWs, kept one for 10 years. 

But this shite can GTF.

Oh absolutely. 

I actually met the guy at an event at Silverstone and spent a good 40 minutes musing about the design of the Isuzu Piazza and the new (B)MINI, super super nice guy and produces some of the sharpest content on the internet. Seeing the pain in his face when looking at that car tho, that is an enthusiast betrayed...

I was talking of the Golf R convertible, he never knew they existed until he saw an article on PH's today. I had a soft spot for them, until I found out they were FWD and DSG box only...the idea of a AWD manual Golf convertible tickled me for the lols! 

Anyways, he hit me back with a car I never knew...the Audi S3 convertible! 

New Audi S3 Cabriolet For Sale | Audi S3 Convertible in Scotland

Now, these are AWD, but doesn't tickle me in the same was as the idea of a Golf R convertible did, or even the B7 RS4 Convertible. Not sure why. Still love that it's a thing(or was?). 
Extra points for anyone that bought it in Yellow!