Cars you didn't know existed until very recently.

philibusmo

2 hours ago, Remspoor said:

Skoda 1000 MB estate/combi

A missed opportunity!

TZ_Mene_zname_modely_5_dil_Hajaja_02-1024x683.thumb.jpg.b1a1955ea401d8e508e6e009c4f27504.jpg

What's going on with all that pipework? Some sort of home made injection system? I can't see a carb and it looks like a fuel line dropping down to just above each spark plug. 

4 hours ago, Yoss said:

What's going on with all that pipework? Some sort of home made injection system? I can't see a carb and it looks like a fuel line dropping down to just above each spark plug. 

That's a good question. I've just spent some time trying to find the answer but there doesn't seem to be much info about the fuel system of this. I can't find any references to FI though. the engine is turned on its side compared to a normal 1000MB, and so the carb in its normal position would be on the 'bottom' of the engine. Those pipes are vaguely going in the direction of the combustion chambers but it doesn't look particularly sensible to me. And why is th main pipe they're connected to so massive? Looks more like the size of a coolant hose to me. All very weird, and surprising the info doesn't seem to be online or in my Skoda books

Skoda%201000MB%20hajaja%20engine%202.JPG

10 minutes ago, barrett said:

That's a good question. I've just spent some time trying to find the answer but there doesn't seem to be much info about the fuel system of this. I can't find any references to FI though. the engine is turned on its side compared to a normal 1000MB, and so the carb in its normal position would be on the 'bottom' of the engine. Those pipes are vaguely going in the direction of the combustion chambers but it doesn't look particularly sensible to me. And why is th main pipe they're connected to so massive? Looks more like the size of a coolant hose to me. All very weird, and surprising the info doesn't seem to be online or in my Skoda books

Skoda%201000MB%20hajaja%20engine%202.JPG

I think this is part of the cooling system.  You might have to do it this way with the normal head on its side.  The vertical pipes on the head are takeoffs from the water spaces and they are connected via the large transverse pipe to a radiator in the black cowling on the offside.  The diagonal hose across the crankcase could be a heater connection to the water pump.

On 12/31/2021 at 2:52 PM, AndaBoss said:

Lea-Francis Ace of Spades

A 1980s attempt to revive Lea-Francis. To me it looks like similar to something Exner could have designed for Stutz

722 ACE | 1992 Lea-Francis Ace of Spades. Registered in June… | Flickr

That is err...interesting. The unfinished last one recently sold for a mere £888 after sitting in Barrie Price's garage for 30 years. He didn't give up though and tried again in 1998 with the 30/230, but only the one prototype was ever made. That's perhaps for the best as it looks like a Marcos had a one-night stand with a Jag S-type.

leaf.jpg.a2773abed296d6bcec3efb8bee014865.jpg

31 minutes ago, quicksilver said:

That is err...interesting. The unfinished last one recently sold for a mere £888 after sitting in Barrie Price's garage for 30 years. He didn't give up though and tried again in 1998 with the 30/230, but only the one prototype was ever made. That's perhaps for the best as it looks like a Marcos had a one-night stand with a Jag S-type.

Toyota Celica Headlamps? 🤔 

10 hours ago, quicksilver said:

Is the silver one not a tarted MX5?

2 hours ago, chaseracer said:

Is the silver one not a tarted MX5?

It does look like one but apparently not. Designed by Jim Randle (not one of his better efforts) and all bespoke aluminium with a Vauxhall V6. Hard to tell but I suspect it's a fair bit bigger than an MX5.

On 02/01/2022 at 09:40, lesapandre said:

Apparently:

"One of the first advantages of the entry
 of England into the Common Market."

On 02/01/2022 at 09:42, Sham said:

I doubt they saw it that way.

The last 'family' holiday with the parents was to Brittany in 1982.  One chap in a Sunbeam 1500 was very excited to see our bright red Avenger...

9 hours ago, bunglebus said:

ARO. This RHD one popped up on a Facebook urbex post 

FB_IMG_1641336530194.jpg

A 240? 

I'm sure I mentioned it before, but I love obscure Euro 4x4s, like the Foers Ibex, VW Itlis, the old Duster, the UMM Alter, and Steyr Daimler Puch Haflinger. 

I've just discovered the Volvo C303 (below), from the boxy land tank design era. The Swedish do have some unfeasibly sexy looking military designs, like the S Tank and Saab Viggen (which was based* on the 900).

1280px-Volvo_C303_front_q.jpg