Cars you didn't know existed until very recently.

philibusmo

31 minutes ago, RoadworkUK said:

Ah, Sir must never have seen the film Taxi.

One viewing and experience of the sounds from those two Benzes will indelibly etch the 500E on your psyche.

Does it say something about me that I find that extremely relaxing to watch? Smooth euro-beats while watching some amazing scenes of French Tat 

Here’s something that I’ve never seen or heard of until today.

50E62DE7-3D8C-44A6-9796-974D4F8F7017.thumb.jpeg.b9836f7228db6376632cbe0f55b57011.jpeg
6FB7DB45-54BF-45C4-823D-E0A9A3A5E564.thumb.jpeg.e89880342b7aa663e168cb20781062f5.jpeg

A 2012 Dongfeng Sokon Automobile (or DFSK for short) Loadhopper pickup truck. Powered by a 1.3i Petrol engine of unknown origin. These are Chinese-made and shipped over whole to the UK for distribution here. Not a very good seller by all accounts. Rather too much like a BMW at the front which may have upset the Germans a bit.

On 01/12/2021 at 12:55, martc said:

Ssangyong will also be a tad annoyed as well...

image.thumb.png.c988036a1c7ee182c563810a9a36260d.png

Ssangyong Tivoli

image.png.ed5ad12f5141d87d0dfd7cc46d8618ad.png

Some Chinese shite

Tbf most Chinese stuff looks ok these days. 10 years ago it looked like they made lookalikes from someone’s description rather than an actual photo or a real car. Chinese whispers?

11 minutes ago, bunglebus said:

I need to see the engineering behind that 

There are quite a few articles about this online, but none of them actually explain how it works. Frustrating. I can't really get my head round two transverse crankshafts being connected to a single longitudinal gearbox. Those engines have a really uneven idle, and I can imagine a lot of disparity in engine speed between the two when you're not giving it throttle. I'd love to see some drawings of how it all works.

Only know of this thanks to Autocar on Facebook bringing it to my attention...

The 2022 Mazda 2!

2022 Mazda2 Debuts In Europe As Rebadged Toyota Yaris Hybrid

Yes,It's a rebadged Yaris!

As some of you will know, this sort of badge engineering is fairly common in Japan, Daihatsu have a Camry &  Mazda have a Jimny to name 2, if we get fully into K cars then it's common place.

Im amazed to see Toyota trying it over here, but it's working alreday with Suzuki and the Corolla Estate & Rav4 in there range!

It also neatly goes fully circle, because Toyota did sell a rebadged Mazda 2 saloon under the Scion range a while back! 

5 hours ago, Pieman said:

These look like ordinary MR2s, don't they?

4cc27e099f5f.jpg

But what's this?

1925ec38f4f0.jpg

Yep, that's a K Series engine - according to a thread I've just read on RR, four MR2s were fitted with said engines to be used as test mules for the upcoming MGF!  Sadly* all were scrapped at the end of testing.

Do you have any more details? I think this would be of much interest to MR2DC.
You're probably aware that there are a fair few Roadsters and the odd Mk2 with K20s in too,