Cars you didn't know existed until very recently.

philibusmo

6 hours ago, Tayne said:

Rotodama.

IMG_7170.jpg.1a0bc8bf6cc953cd85d8cc740d60b566.jpg

A blt on kit to turn a rusty old Land Rover Discovery into a Forward Control pickup.

Singlecab.jpg.30dd58649abac4341212d7c40e5e08ea.jpg

http://www.rotodama.co.uk

I like that, in a utilitarian sort of way.

The front-end styling is a bit awkward, and it looks like the one in the photos is missing a front bumper, though.

19 hours ago, Tayne said:

Rotodama.

IMG_7170.jpg.1a0bc8bf6cc953cd85d8cc740d60b566.jpg

A blt on kit to turn a rusty old Land Rover Discovery into a Forward Control pickup.

Singlecab.jpg.30dd58649abac4341212d7c40e5e08ea.jpg

http://www.rotodama.co.uk

Website's not been updated for 2 years = vapourware. It doesn't appear to tilt either, which these days means no commercial buyer will touch it with a barge pole even if it will pass IVA/SVA. You'd need to really want one for 12k(or double that if you buy it ready assembled).

4 hours ago, somewhatfoolish said:

Website's not been updated for 2 years = vapourware. It doesn't appear to tilt either, which these days means no commercial buyer will touch it with a barge pole even if it will pass IVA/SVA. You'd need to really want one for 12k(or double that if you buy it ready assembled).

I read about it on an old page on a Land Rover website, the writer of the website had contacted Rotodama for more information and apparently a drawn out house build project (with truck coming in handy) had delayed things. You can probably add covid to that now.

It appeals to the irrational part of me that likes old Land Rovers and there's plenty of irrational people out there who like old Land Rovers and buy all sorts of shit. I doubt the Rotodama people will end up as rich as Elon Musk but likewise I don't think they'll end up like Preston Tucker.

34 minutes ago, Austat said:

Jesus fucking wept. It looks like a cross between an F1 car and a DMU.

3 hours ago, STUNO said:

This could be my one ! The same colour and interior. I bought it in Sydney and it was traded in Canberra at the BMC dealer for a new Mini K 1100 in 1970

The Victorian H-plate dates to the early 60's, if it was re-registered in Victoria in the early 70's it would be on an L-plate or a late-issue K-plate, so it's unlikely that it's your previous one. That being said, it could be on a private plate that's period correct (I see fairly new cars with plates from the 90's on them). Got any photos of the Wolseley or the K1100 Mini?

17 hours ago, Austat said:

The Victorian H-plate dates to the early 60's, if it was re-registered in Victoria in the early 70's it would be on an L-plate or a late-issue K-plate, so it's unlikely that it's your previous one. That being said, it could be on a private plate that's period correct (I see fairly new cars with plates from the 90's on them). Got any photos of the Wolseley or the K1100 Mini?

You took me a bit too literally ! Mine was manual trans, and the one here has an "Automatic" badge on the boot lid. I think I have one photo of each, both slides , put away somewhere. The mini pic was taken on a new years day, sitting in the snow south of Canberra. Will look for them.