Cars you didn't know existed until very recently.

philibusmo

21 hours ago, Timewaster said:

Saw one of these today. 

Porsche Taycan. A German Tesla by all accounts. 

1200px-Porsche_Taycan_4S_IMG_3526.thumb.jpg.17c6d563103b34d037ededdc477fc853.jpgIt kinda reminds me of a Panhard. 

5f34021e-35ac-4de2-a075-515aaae59259.jpg.fec6aa45dc9bd563a4413e03cef15779.jpg

It's expensive and modern, but the Taycan is /very/ nice. For an electric car the base-spec one just feels natural and enjoyable to drive, rather than all whizzy and remote.

2 minutes ago, RichardK said:

It's expensive and modern, but the Taycan is /very/ nice. For an electric car the base-spec one just feels natural and enjoyable to drive, rather than all whizzy and remote.

£83k nice?

6 hours ago, JMotor said:

A reference to the movie Space balls? 

So yeah it's probably an inside joke that made it to sale. 

That's right.

While I think musk is an absolute twat in many ways who should just let his lawyers make all his public announcements I have to admit he is a true visionary and feel deep admiration for his achievements. 

It's very annoying.

18 hours ago, High Jetter said:

Anyone willing to crowd-fund me to buy this. I just need another £40k ..well worth the entertainment of an all new and ever detailed thread as I resurrect this neglected glorious example of jaguar eccentricity. 

21 hours ago, Leyland Worldmaster said:

Bentley Buccaneer:

https://www.rrsilverspirit.com/models/1996Buccaneer.htm

Reminds me of the '98 S Type Jaguar!👍😎 

If you’re looking for Bespoke Bentleys from Brunei then you can’t pass up the Dominator.

https://www.carscoops.com/2018/05/bentley-dominator-meet-rolls-royce-cullinans-long-lost-daddy/

On 5/15/2021 at 5:15 PM, NorfolkNWeigh said:

I was looking at the Tesla site to see what the starting price for an S is, couldn’t find out. But did discover this , which I’d never heard of; the Plaid.

CC73E92C-A754-49EA-B29B-E8B08B115306.thumb.png.49868e67457403c9f9f0d077a30a3906.pngC438B222-8AB0-44AE-A55A-AFFFDDD7A9D8.thumb.png.d8d885692c7de8e45d738e6fd845aa8a.png

Not 100% sure it’s not one Elon’s little jokes...

I look at this without a single ounce of excitement. Soulless disposable tech. 

On 5/15/2021 at 5:05 PM, Timewaster said:

£83k nice?

£70K for the RWD one, though IMO £75K as the big battery is worth it, and you might as well push the extra £3K for the Cross Turismo with a more useful boot opening, AWD and big battery as standard.

Is a car worth £70K? Not to me. Not to monthly payments. Not to finance. etc.

But is it 2x as nice as a £35K electric car such as a DS or whatever? Absolutely. The build quality is there, the comfort, tech and finish, the refinement and more importantly the range expectation is fair. I honestly have no idea how that couple got in the news ballsing up their Taycan range - they work as well as any other EV and deliver a similar range/performance/speed equation.

Car values are on crack for new things now. A Skoda Scala can hit £31K with the bits that make you look twice at it (the big pano roof/black glass tailgate). A Golf TDI is approaching £37K with some nice options.

On 5/20/2021 at 11:49 PM, Timewaster said:

Thanks to car brochure addict on twitter, today I discovered that the Dutch got a mk1 Hyundai Pony Estate. 

A shame we never got it here, it looks great. 

IMG_20210520_224648.jpg

Had them here in Spain too.