Cars you didn't know existed until very recently.

philibusmo

10 hours ago, 17-Coffees said:

And I'm not sure how this one escaped me...The Toyota Progres!

TOYOTA PROGRES NC250 | 2001 | PEARL | 55050 km | Quality Auto

From what I can gather, it's based on the first Gen Lexus IS & other small RWD Toyota Saloons of the late 90's, being offered with the 2.5 & 3.0 JZ engines. 

Trying  to decide if that more closely resembles a W202 or a W210. Probably less rust prone than either of them.

23 hours ago, JimH said:

In a similar vein it is difficult to understand how Allard avoided legal action from Jaguar with this blantant copy of the XK120.

Allard-Clipper.jpg

I think they're more likely to get into trouble with the Borrowers.

image.png.8126e77ca124a47b3332359a58729c39.png

The novelty for those two girls would soon wear thin, but imagine the stories they could tell you toady. You just wouldn't believe them.

1 minute ago, Pieman said:

ZAZ Tavria, courtesy of this thread - 

I think I saw one of these for sale a little while back, it was that Practical Classics contributor who had a massive collection of Eastern Block stuff, including a Moskvitch-badged Chrysler Alpine...

6 hours ago, bunglebus said:

And while looking for those, I found this - Fiat Cinquecento Rush

Fiat_Cinquecento_Rush_by_Bertone_front.jpg

Fiat_Cinquecento_Rush_by_Bertone_side.jpg

Fiat_Cinquecento_Rush_by_Bertone_rear.jpg

Looks like this

Carsthatnevermadeitetc — Austin Allegro “All-Ego”, 2006 (1977). A heavily...

and that may have found it's way to  California.

https://rmsothebys.com/en/auctions/ca17/santa-monica/lots/r0167-1974-austin-allegro-all-ego/565392

On 4/23/2021 at 2:20 PM, MisterH said:

including a Moskvitch-badged Chrysler Alpine...

This is a misconception, the Moskvitch 2141 Aleko, for that is what it is, looks like an Alpine but it's not...

Designers and engineers of the AZLK (Avtomobilny Zavod imeni Leninskogo Komsomola), owner of the Moskvitch brand, were asked to put the existing Moskvitch engine in a Simca and perform different tests. Shortly after, it was decided that the new 2141 should be a copy/paste of the French vehicle, but designers considered it “insulting and humiliating” to copy the car and changed nearly every part of the construction, except for some elements of the roof and the form of the window seals.

https://www.motor1.com/news/61582/soviet-cars-were-weird-moskvitch-2141-aleko/

image.thumb.png.8d9d43be05228042935dea5b9bbf81ed.png

4 hours ago, martc said:

This is a misconception, the Moskvitch 2141 Aleko, for that is what it is, looks like an Alpine but it's not...

Designers and engineers of the AZLK (Avtomobilny Zavod imeni Leninskogo Komsomola), owner of the Moskvitch brand, were asked to put the existing Moskvitch engine in a Simca and perform different tests. Shortly after, it was decided that the new 2141 should be a copy/paste of the French vehicle, but designers considered it “insulting and humiliating” to copy the car and changed nearly every part of the construction, except for some elements of the roof and the form of the window seals.

https://www.motor1.com/news/61582/soviet-cars-were-weird-moskvitch-2141-aleko/

image.thumb.png.8d9d43be05228042935dea5b9bbf81ed.png

Fascinating, I think when I saw an advert for a UK based one it said otherwise! 

Love learning useless facts about ShiteTat

5 hours ago, martc said:

it was decided that the new 2141 should be a copy/paste of the French vehicle, but designers considered it “insulting and humiliating” to copy the car and changed nearly every part of the construction

By crossing out the word Simca and writing Aleko?