Cars you didn't know existed until very recently.

philibusmo

Hurtan, made in Andalusia, Spain.

Several models made.

The Grand Albaycín is a copy of a British car. A mix of Jag and Morgan.

https://i.bstr.es/highmotor/2021/01/hurtan-grand-albaycin-4-1220x815.jpg

The Author, which for me has elements of a Fiat 500 Gamine, but ugly chunky.

author-01-1.jpg

The Vintage. A people carrier version of a Asquith Shire?

https://hurtan.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/VINTAGE-H_0004__DSC8466-1200x800_c.jpg

Lastly there is Route 44. Aimed at the food truck market. Look at the panel gap. 😁

COMERCIAL-HURTAN-2-1.jpg

Shit. I have only just discovered this exists. Now I know what I'll be trying to drive when I'm 80 years old.

There gentlemen is plah in modern brown. They have even replicated the look of those cheap wheel trims that you find up trees along the side of the motorway, although these are alloys. Basically it's a V8 stype with these rimz and chrome mirror covers but still, it has the badge, and that's what counts.

I am still trying to work out why I am so excited to discover this.

Currently, we are trying to establish if there was a legit Sovereign trim release.

6 hours ago, Crispian_J_Hotson said:

Shit. I have only just discovered this exists. Now I know what I'll be trying to drive when I'm 80 years old.

There gentlemen is plah in modern brown. They have even replicated the look of those cheap wheel trims that you find up trees along the side of the motorway, although these are alloys. Basically it's a V8 stype with these rimz and chrome mirror covers but still, it has the badge, and that's what counts.

I am still trying to work out why I am so excited to discover this.

Currently, we are trying to establish if there was a legit Sovereign trim release.

Oh well...

Jaguar Vanden Plas Models for the U.S.A | Vanden Plas Owners Club

On 2/20/2021 at 10:35 AM, Ohdearme said:

I knew the Japanese likes their ‘homage cars’ but never seen a Pajero Junior ‘flying pig’ before apparently this is a rare as hens teeth, only about 139 ever sold but quite who’d want to save this horror is beyond me.

Seller has admirably taken loads of pics yet has still to capture a good angle...

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202011116013846

2C7963FD-5BBF-4A19-BED3-BE6F1AC3F398.png

3F24ECD2-4DE7-4F2D-BD41-BEA408A88D18.png

61BEDF39-532A-4055-A61E-5D8AFA6AEA06.png

7374DB05-8832-4D04-8080-B78D2D7B66F1.png

8651D910-CE85-42BA-A1FF-D5E467AC82D2.png

9EDD8D7A-51D7-48F0-A3F3-3C16F553EE20.png

0F6B3456-1A61-4DD6-8117-3A419BC719FC.png

image.jpeg.fc7763c3aa884fab4beac63af3deee0f.jpeg

5 hours ago, Supernaut said:

The hand painted model name sets it off nicely.  I don't think the Kenyan car industry is going to be causing the Japanese any sleepless nights.

Although Laikipia seem to have already come up with a facelift:

20210302_171517.thumb.jpg.21fdbe513c6412514969fd3f507d0167.jpg

Much better.

The RAM 700...

ram02-1602513741.jpg

Thanks to FCA, the RAM brand got alot of Fiat based commercial stuff sold North America, see the Ram Promaster range for example. The 700 though, is sold in south & central America, and is just a Fiat Strada pickup with a RAM front end.  

I'm sure somewhere Dodge have plans to drop the Hellcat engine in it... 😆

The RAM 700...
ram02-1602513741.jpg
Thanks to FCA, the RAM brand got alot of Fiat based commercial stuff sold North America, see the Ram Promaster range for example. The 700 though, is sold in south & central America, and is just a Fiat Strada pickup with a RAM front end.  
I'm sure somewhere Dodge have plans to drop the Hellcat engine in it... 

I would buy that , better than the overgrown pickups now on the road , Hyundai pony pick up , caddy pickup , Subaru ,p100 all gone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is an absolutely unfounded allegation, but the only purpose I can imagine for enterprises like Kenya's Laikipia and Uganda's Kiira Motors is for fraudulent reappropriation of government subsidy under the auspices of "creating a domestic manufacturing industry".  As was proven in communist states, marketing a hideously outclassed product can work in a captive market with very limited overseas imports, but central African states have absolutely no shortage of imported machinery to serve their transport needs. 

I mean, every industry has to start somewhere, but encouraging respected international marques into the country to employ your labour force is surely an infinitely better idea than trying to compete against them with products cobbled together from half-formed thoughts and ambitious intent.

I had a very early pre N/S one. Most T3s here were Fastbacks or Variants and Notches weren’t very common. I believe that imports of notches was pretty much zero when the square bumpered ones appeared.

I love them and were I ever to suffer a major head injury I’d have another.

• 3 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, Rustybullethole said:

Look a bit like the old ford transit. Chinese manufacturers making a Suzuki Carry / Hi-Jet / Subaru sambar sized micro van.

Not cheap either 

AB7084FB-C5AE-436A-A274-185976AC47B8.jpeg