Cars you didn't know existed until very recently.

philibusmo

On 1/2/2021 at 11:39 AM, martc said:

image.png.7552a04a08dc4d1cb5c74bb7d7a20382.png

Alfa Romeo Navajo (by Bertone) , one of a series of concept cars based on the Tipo 33 Stradale.

And here are some of the others -

Looks a bit like the Japanese Dome Zero from the late 70s. I remember reading about it in an old issue of CAR but I gather it's had a resurgence of interest after appearing in a couple of driving games.

Screenshot_2021-01-05 X6SqT7ciQTAUCoksG2gP4OvApLdhw2b3g3tU6z0zuko jpg (WEBP Image, 960 × 720 pixels) - Scaled (90%).png

The Mitsubishi L300 seems to have been relaunched in NZ, judging by a drive-by of a local dealer the other day.

Sort of looks familiar:

2020-Mitsubishi-Express-Van-White-1001x5

Back end badge placement is most excellent:

1961787_32664003-1200x750.jpg

Meanwhile, the Philippines are doing things right, still:

mitsubishi-l300-front-side-view-970171.j

Luxurious glove box:

mitsubishi-l300-glove-box-open-741404.jp

https://www.zigwheels.ph/new-cars/mitsubishi/l300

A smidge over £12k!

I think I've found the shitest special edition of all time:

474308533_unnamed(2).jpg.9af09609c04f0e4b477483bea468c43c.jpg

The Fiat Ritmo Star-Trek!

Sold only in Switzerland in 1979 to mark the release of the first Star Trek film, it was a metallic blue 5 door with a massive logo on the bonnet, a rainbow stripe running seemingly across the whole car, a Blaupunkt stereo cassette deck and... a 2.1 inch black and white TV! Perfect for when you want a distraction from driving!

Never been a sci-fi fan but I absolutely love this! Doubt any are left

1 hour ago, MiniMort said:

I think I've found the shitest special edition of all time:

474308533_unnamed(2).jpg.9af09609c04f0e4b477483bea468c43c.jpg

The Fiat Ritmo Star-Trek!

image.png.37b74c22321d5fdb1890c2958e0d9487.png

It was a tie-in with the original Star Trek film - hence the rainbow stripes. This is the only film I've ever watched on one of those really big laserdiscs which rapidly became obsolete when the smaller format was adopted.

On 1/11/2021 at 8:49 PM, Jon said:

The Mitsubishi L300 seems to have been relaunched in NZ, judging by a drive-by of a local dealer the other day.

Sort of looks familiar:

2020-Mitsubishi-Express-Van-White-1001x5

Back end badge placement is most excellent:

1961787_32664003-1200x750.jpg

Meanwhile, the Philippines are doing things right, still:

mitsubishi-l300-front-side-view-970171.j

Luxurious glove box:

mitsubishi-l300-glove-box-open-741404.jp

https://www.zigwheels.ph/new-cars/mitsubishi/l300

A smidge over £12k!

I think you should be getting a Renault (Dacia) Duster as well.

I did discover that you can buy a brand new fiat Tipo saloon in the UK still...

OK here goes… you're focussing on the car and not the image as a whole. The shed behind the car has obviously different doors. I reckon the left one is actual and the other one is ‘photoshopped’ in post production or whatever the video equivalent to PS is. No idea why it’s been done but it has. You can see that the middle third of the other door is different too, but the same as the other photoshopped door. Look at the difference in the detail of the hinges (actual) and the handle, because the handle and middle third of the doors is photoshopped in, probably badly as it’s only going to be on screen for seconds and not the focus as everyone watching will be following the characters coming out.

So… that door behind the white car has been photoshopped, and for some reason they’ve drawn in the front of the car too, but only half of it, just the bit that’s in front of that door. The twin round headlights and grill are ‘photoshopped’ in but the rectangular headlight is original. There’s a weird white splitter which could be real on the left but by the time you get to the right side it just looks wrong and sort of highlights that the image has been manipulated as much as the mismatching headlights.

If you block out the distracting photoshopped bit of the car it’s easier to see what it is. I initially thought maybe a Peugeot 306 or a Citroen ZX  or even a Cav from the headlight but I now think the headlight and indicator have been messed around with too and are another red herring… but it’s clearly a Xantia if you focus on the shape/form not the headlights & grille. Check the shape of the bumper as it ends towards the wheelarch, the chrome along the top, the shape of the bodywork and the start of that splitter under the bumper, the relationship between the bottom side window edge and the bottom of the windscreen, (tricky as there’s usually a badly detailed wing mirror to hide it) and also the hint of a front centre roof aerial above the windscreen, and the location of the side repeater indicator.

You’re welcome!

01.thumb.jpg.5c50967e14babfb706dee2e3da3e5b23.jpg

02.thumb.jpg.02d590efaab8999a6de5e685eef54d75.jpg

03.thumb.jpg.821d3288c8b01cf431888a275eda477a.jpg

04.jpg.5a51daf94b1858ef149e27bc90e3ec79.jpg

5 minutes ago, warch said:

It does look as if the footage has been doctored, goodness knows why, a bit like on reality tv shows when they remove company logos or registration plates. That's surely quite an old episode of Scottish Last of the Summer Wine.

First broadcast on 16/05/2003, apparently. So it gets an 03 plate. Couple of months short of a 52

3 hours ago, tul66 said:

But Still Game is actually funny!

I like how Scotland still has it's own distinct tv programs. I live right next door to Wales and apart from the odd show like Pobol Y Cwm and various Welsh language magazine shows, they seem to watch the same shit as people in England. 

You've got me bang to rights on Last of the Summer Wine though, which was looking a bit tired in the 80s when me and my brother watched it as kids. I think my preoccupation during my formative years was people falling in water or the possibility of someone falling in water which I still find weirdly hilarious. See also Ninja Warrior, Wipeout, Its a Knockout and We are the Champions.

3 hours ago, warch said:

I like how Scotland still has it's own distinct tv programs. I live right next door to Wales and apart from the odd show like Pobol Y Cwm and various Welsh language magazine shows, they seem to watch the same shit as people in England. 

You've got me bang to rights on Last of the Summer Wine though, which was looking a bit tired in the 80s when me and my brother watched it as kids. I think my preoccupation during my formative years was people falling in water or the possibility of someone falling in water which I still find weirdly hilarious. See also Ninja Warrior, Wipeout, Its a Knockout and We are the Champions.

You missed out falling off a bicycle(out of shot in deference to ancient hips), sliding out of control in some contraption involving a bath and Howard being caught with Marina.[cue Ronnie Hazlehurst chords].