Cars you didn't know existed until very recently.

philibusmo

13 minutes ago, Austat said:

Just because you put an MG badge on it doesn't make it special ffs, not a single sportscar in their lineup either.

Also, they call the top trim level "Brit dynamic" for a car that isn't even sold in Britain...

Really wish SAIC got to develop a new 2 seater roadster to sell here, at least give MG a halo car

On 12/26/2020 at 12:16 PM, chaseracer said:

image.png

I recognise that photo. It was local to me and I went to view it on behalf of MatT (longtime AS member who we sadly don't see much of nowadays).

That Ford Aztec (Mazda 323) reminded me of the Festiva:

2000 Ford Festiva 1.3

As seen on the Baz Renault 9 collection mission in 2007, and believed to be Australian-spec. I assumed it was related to the 323, but no, it appears to be a separate model. There's even a 3-door which looks not unlike the 323/Aztec.

Also sold as Ford Aspire in the USA, and Kia Avella (which apparently reached Malta).

First-gen Festiva was a rebadged Mazda 121/Kia Pride, and for Japan only the third-gen model was a Demio.

13 hours ago, LightBulbFun said:

this thing, whatever the hell it is!

1883438967_s-l1600(31).thumb.jpg.ee06da3a82b65189806ca76307eb99e9.jpg

I feel like it would be parked amongst the miniature Villers powered coaches, the Ford Anglia powered Elephants and the Texaco Doodlebugs

Not sure if it's still with us, apparently it's a Thompson, manufactured 1937, first registered March 1985, tax due 1/5/85! But the last issue of a V5 was 21/7/05 so there's a chance it's still about. 933cc - is that from an Austin 7?

Here's a couple more...

蛇乃目伍長の「エアフォースの英国面に来い!」 Mk.2 : Thompson Brothers Vc refueller7a7e4156.jpg

Can you read Japanese? - http://blog.livedoor.jp/janome_gotyou/archives/1911035.html

5 hours ago, Mr Pastry said:

It's a tanker for aircraft refuelling.  Ford side valve powered.   That's refuelling on the ground, not air-to-air BTW.

ah cool I had a feeling it was something to do with fuel given its shape and Shell BP on the side, but was not sure if it was a real thing or a publicity vehicle etc

(of course it is Ford SV powered, if its not Villers Powered or Ford Side valve powered, then it probably did not have an engine or used a Donkey to pull it along LOL, or an Electric Motor)

16 minutes ago, martc said:

Not sure if it's still with us, apparently it's a Thompson, manufactured 1937, first registered March 1985, tax due 1/5/85! But the last issue of a V5 was 21/7/05 so there's a chance it's still about. 933cc - is that from an Austin 7?

Here's a couple more...

蛇乃目伍長の「エアフォースの英国面に来い!」 Mk.2 : Thompson Brothers Vc refueller7a7e4156.jpg

Can you read Japanese? - http://blog.livedoor.jp/janome_gotyou/archives/1911035.html

Oh wow yeah its on the DVLA! TSV448, under an Age related plate (with no previous plates tho)

(I thought the registration was TGV448 hence why I could not find it obviously)