Cars you didn't know existed until very recently.

philibusmo

10 hours ago, martc said:

image.png.055c524f344ea40cfefda21f8ff70266.png

http://www.dieselbike.net/lombardini/lombardini.htm

Royal-Enfield-Taurus-Diesel.jpg

This one was made by Enfield themselves, with a Lombardini engine, and was the one suggested for use by NATO forces - according to an article I read in the MCN (which I'm now struggling to find, you'll just have to believe me)..

https://www.cartoq.com/royal-enfield-bullet-taurus-diesel-5-things-you-dont-know-about/

Anything's possible with the RE; as they were for a long time the only thing available new with a separate gearbag they were popular for converting, despite the gearbox being a bit rubbish. I had a RE Bullet for a while and that was slow enough with 15 asthmatic nags straining the leash. Squaddie usage would have murdered them though, they're like landrovers in needing constant maintenance and even then still likely to break down if the 'performance envelope' is consistently explored.

7 hours ago, 17-Coffees said:

This, the Aznom Palladium, a 'Hyper-Limo'...

Palladium_6266.jpg

Based on the ultra luxurious…Dodge Ram.

aznom-palladium_100768908_h.jpg

I shit you not. 
What's even better is* they Twin-turbo the V8 to get 710hp. Now I'm no expert but Dodge do now offer the 707hp Hellcat engine in the ram range...

https://www.pistonheads.com/news/ph-italian-cars/aznom-launches-710hp--hyper-limousine-/43508

I have to say it still looks like a pickup truck from the outside, so that's a win.

7 hours ago, somewhatfoolish said:

Anything's possible with the RE; as they were for a long time the only thing available new with a separate gearbag they were popular for converting, despite the gearbox being a bit rubbish. 

Moto Guzzi's and the flat twin BMW's have separate gearboxes but no one seems to have made serious attempts at replacing the donkey, may be because they are actually quite good.

Diesel Enfield Bullets were sold retail, an auctioneer I knew in Carmarthen had one. Typical West Walian, everything has to be diesel there!

This would have been about 20 years ago, the bike was on one of the last prefix plates like a X or a Y. 

He fitted one of those Watsonian sidecars. The ‘combination’ looked quite stylish but sounded like a tractor (the Lombardini heritage no doubt) and must have had acceleration times measurable in minutes. 

59 minutes ago, bunglebus said:

That's an awful lot for an unfinished 1955 'kit' car that's never going to pass IVA.

7 minutes ago, twosmoke300 said:

No battery drain fault. Amazing complicated electrically for a 1999 yank . RHD one too

Yeah, they're up there with anything else being made at the time in terms of complexity! 

I quite like them but I doubt I'll ever even try one. Sellers always want far more than I feel they're worth 

7 minutes ago, HarmonicCheeseburger said:

I can hear @LightBulbFun's heavy breathing from here. 

I was going to say, no thats @egg heavy breathing your hearing, but then I saw who originally posted it :mrgreen:

(since @egg is the more general obscure Microcar guy while I focus more on the can be used without a pair of legs side of things :) )

On 12/17/2020 at 12:53 AM, twosmoke300 said:

Currently have a Caddy Sts in work with a Northstar 

You have my sincerest condolences.  Most mechanics I know will run a mile to avoid having to touch this ticking time bomb of an engine.

They don't call it the "DeathStar" for nothing!

Can you even get technical support for a Cadillac in the UK these days?  Parts, software updates, or even spare keys?  Or does everything have to come from America?