Cars you didn't know existed until very recently.

philibusmo

On 8/25/2020 at 10:04 AM, Aston Martin said:

I went on the Internet searching for Bristols, I got sidetracked and ended up on the Blenheim 4SG. Every panel has been changed, bar the front bumper.

Yes, those ill-fitting lights are an Audi A4 Avant, who commissions a car like this in 2009!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone pointed out that the headlights don't match. Two different types of E30 light on the outside one.

92F99A4E-0AAE-4352-AB44-34F98C20840D.jpeg

BA6F082E-91EA-4208-B015-01A855E8EFED.jpeg

86DFE599-21CF-4467-BC3A-B1B8C374B29C.jpeg

69843ABC-63CC-45C3-BEB9-8DD247D28051.jpeg

The Blenheim 3 which went on sale in 2000 saw the abandonment of the vertically mounted Bedford tail-lights in favor of the split units from the Opel Senator B

On 9/6/2020 at 4:37 PM, LightBulbFun said:

didn't the company or its assets for the company that made these end up on the ebay tat thread a few weeks ago? LOL

I much rather have an actual FX4 as my hypothetical wedding car then one the above!

no, no, no, what you want is an FL2

The Austin FL2 Hire Car was the limousine version of the FX4. Introduced at the same time as the FX4, it was aimed at the private hire, limousine and funeral trade and this market was the main reason why the petrol engine was offered in the vehicle. It had forward-facing occasional seats, a second front seat and carried no roof sign.

On 9/6/2020 at 1:36 PM, TwoToneTalbotAlpineRapier said:

Now that’s either one of the Proclaimers? Or a young Frankie Boyle?

It could well be one of the Proclaimers; with that range you are going to be walking hundreds of miles. 

On 8/20/2020 at 12:59 PM, martc said:

...with a range of 35 miles...

wegwge-min.jpg

The Baur TC3: I can’t seem to find a source for when this was made, it seems to be either 1985 or 1987 depending on where you look. Based on the running gear from an E30 BMW 325i in a tube frame chassis, the project was cancelled after BMW announced the Z1, as the two cars were aimed at the same very niche market. Only one was built.

spacer.png

spacer.png

And similarly, the Baur TC4, a 4 door E36 with a 2CV style fabric roof. Unlike the TC3, these were technically mass produced, but weren’t popular; only about 300 were made. I can’t seem to find any evidence that these ever made it to the UK or anywhere outside of Europe, but I’m happy to be proven wrong.

spacer.png

On 22/09/2020 at 22:25, Mr Laurence said:

And similarly, the Baur TC4, a 4 door E36 with a 2CV style fabric roof. Unlike the TC3, these were technically mass produced, but weren’t popular; only about 300 were made. I can’t seem to find any evidence that these ever made it to the UK or anywhere outside of Europe, but I’m happy to be proven wrong.

spacer.png

I love how they converted a base 316i too.

3 hours ago, bunglebus said:

I'm sure someone will know it but way before my time (the car, not the TV series)

Austin Sheerline apparently.  It always surprises me how heavily cars were built in the 40s and 50s.  There must have been plenty of ex wartime aircraft designers around who knew how to save weight.