Cars you didn't know existed until very recently.

philibusmo

13 hours ago, puddlethumper said:

If I remember my Portuguese correctly, Formigao means a  small ant. A bit of, probable, useless info.

From a quick glance I thought it said Fromage - wedge shaped and a bit of a whiff about it.

Which brings me to this - the Sebring-Vanguard Citicar an American electric car using 6 volt batteries with a range of 35 miles. Phun Phact - 4444 were made and they held the post war production  record for US made electric cars until beaten by the Tesla Model S. More here - https://siamagazin.com/the-sebring-vanguard-citicar-is-an-electric-cheese-wedge-from-the-70s/

wegwge-min.jpg

And this, on the outside at least, became the Elbil Norge Kewet Buddy (Kewet = the rather snappy Knud Erik Westergaard Elektrisk Transport). Knud was a Dane making pressure washers; he sold this company in the late 80's and moved into electric cars. First made in Denmark, then moved to the former DDR and then bought out  by Elbil Norge (nee  Kollega Bil A/S) who moved the production to Norway. It looks like they packed it in in 2013.

Norwegian Kewet Buddy electric vehicle's got good specs, clunky ...

There was at least one in the UK...

Kewet Buddy electric car used in train track protest (again), this ...

Atomkraft? Nein Danke.

Look at this horror -

The Electric Shopper Model FG-75. Made by The Electric Car Company of California, Inc in the 50's and early 60's. I won't bore you further, read this if you must - https://www.prestigeelectriccar.com/en/history/1091/Electric_Shopper_1960

Electric Shopper 1960 | History | Prestige Electric Car

'Dependable for more than 25 years' - legal, decent, honest and truthful ? But it looks like at least one has existed for more than 25 years (whether it was dependable or not is another question).

1960 Electric Shopper Model FG-75 1 | Photographed at the Ca… | Flickr

2 hours ago, bunglebus said:

The irony of protesting about a power plant, in an electric car.

Funny, I thought that. Assuming the thing is being charged, using the National Grid, at 18:20 on 18/8/20 11% of the electricity  is coming from nuclear.

On 8/20/2020 at 6:59 AM, martc said:

From a quick glance I thought it said Fromage - wedge shaped and a bit of a whiff about it.

Which brings me to this - the Sebring-Vanguard Citicar an American electric car using 6 volt batteries with a range of 35 miles. Phun Phact - 4444 were made and they held the post war production  record for US made electric cars until beaten by the Tesla Model S. More here - https://siamagazin.com/the-sebring-vanguard-citicar-is-an-electric-cheese-wedge-from-the-70s/

wegwge-min.jpg

There's an automatic car wash local to me that has one of these on a revolving plinth sat outside.