Cars you didn't know existed until very recently.

philibusmo

veering totally off-topic but I ended up watching about about two hours' worth last night and got quite into it. The best one was a Scottish man who got accosted by a stuck-up woman in a car park for 'stealing his space' and he responded by saying 'hey, you need a shave! You've got a wee beard!' which really made me giggle

Personally I am aware of the FSR Tarpan having fought in hand to hand combat with them in several bustling eastern Bloc cities way back in the good old, cold old days. What I didn't know is that a Tarpan is an extinct wild horse that was found in Eastern Europe, the last captive one died in Russia in 1909.

FSR Tarpan | Adrian Kot | Flickr

Tarpan - Wikipedia

Apologies if this has already been posted (couldn't be arsed to check 140 odd pages of this thread, but the Kiwi built Trekka (not the 4wd Kangoo) surely deserves a place here.

QOrNsDS.jpg

CUUUUTE! I absolutely love it, especially as it's such a blatant Land Rover rip off (albeit 2wd). It's like a little boy trying to convince people, he's a grown up. I AM A LAND ROVER, I AM!

weird shit indeed. This website tells you all about it- if you understand Portuguese.
http://www.gurgelbrasil.com/2SG/hipergurgel/GURGEL-MOTOR3-0484_PAG1.htm

I have never heard of Gurgel before. Fantastic  stuff. It all seems to be plastic-ish bodies around VW running gear and whatever they could use for windows and other stuff. Made in Brazil. 

On 7/28/2020 at 9:44 PM, egg said:

Apparently, there was the brief flirtation with the idea of a Renault 14 coupe! Ligier were involved apparently.

14520445_308132919555051_475388065250409

14572963_308132952888381_639029150336127

That looks like some woeful kit car that should be sat under a taup on somebody's drive in a comical state of disrepair. 

Those Fiat Samanthas are such a pretty car, 

IIRC back in the early ninetys one was spotted rotting away in the long stay car park at Alicante Airport. Think it was in the spotted/rust in peace section of 'Your Classic' magazine. 

16 hours ago, bunglebus said:

There's at least one in the UK, seen it at a show. You can buy a Matchbox version too.

On 2/18/2019 at 7:58 PM, Slowsilver said:

post-22043-0-77595500-1550508691_thumb.jpg

Never seen one of these before.
Golf Country.
4 wheel drive Volkswagen Golf.
Raised ride height, underbody protection, front and rear bull bars.
British registration but left-hand drive.
I think they all were as they were allegedly never sold over here.
Seen outside the industrial unit opposite where I work on 22/01/2018 then a few more times in the next week or so. Not seen again since.