Cars you didn't know existed until very recently.

philibusmo

47 minutes ago, Rod/b said:

Isn’t it just an Oztin Kimberley with a VDP face?

Pretty much...

image.png

...or Tasman, depending.

Wikipedia sez: "In the early 1970s, British Leyland had an idea of a medium-sized Vanden Plas model, based on the Australian X6 models. Had the car entered production (there was a running prototype made), it would have had a formalised Wolseley 1800/2200 front end, the rest of the car's bodyshell being X6 based. The car is now in private ownership, one of very few prototypes to leave a factory."

So, about 70% correct, then... ?

On 5/25/2020 at 7:59 AM, Lord Sterling said:

PGO Cevennes; a car that looks like the love child of a Porsche 365 and a Daihatsu Copen.

2880-1800-crop-pgo-cevennes-c11533008201

Just as expensive but looks like a kit car and from a manufacturer very few people, if anyone has ever heard of.

Looks like a fun car.  Love the styling!

26 minutes ago, chaseracer said:

Dunno, but I think there's Triumph Herald oily bits under there...

10 minutes ago, MrSteve said:

Agree about those hub caps- very Triumph 2000/Vitesse. Has a Frua/Glas look to it?

I see what you mean about shape of the centre of the hubcaps. A mate is starting  to regularly post obsure motors as a 'guess what it is' effort on anti-social media. Thought it would be interesting to add to few to this thread!

And no, I don't actually know what it is...

10 hours ago, Dick Van Diesel said:

What's this?

FB_IMG_1591691852985.jpg

I thought it had the look of some of the rather nice Japanese cars from the 60's. The Japanese factories where very interested in European and especially Italian designs at the time. Could it be by Michelotti he did work for Hino and of course designed the Herald. There's also the look of an Isuzu about it. Also, is that a Pininfarina script behind the front wheel?

But it's LHD I would expect if it was Japanese (or based on a Herald) it would be RHD. Unless it's been printed the wrong way round...

I'd have a guess that it's based on a '60s Opel Rekord coupe. The hubcaps look about right and the rear quarter panels look very similar. 

However the kink in the c pillar may suggest a BMW connection?