Cars you didn't know existed until very recently.

philibusmo

2 hours ago, Volksy said:

Screenshot_20200417-045051.thumb.png.b225bc6d1f609142809e47687f9d2d01.png

Yeh, self contained on the rear only, with an electric LHM pump. 

And if 2 bored apprentices sit on the boot, it will sag right down on it suspension before realising and pumping itself level. 

Then they jump off and for 10 seconds the car looks like a hot wheels racer with its arse right up on the air until it sinks down. 

Repeat until battery flat or chased by salesman. 

(er, apparently) 

17 hours ago, quicksilver said:

48494690981_ccda015160_c.jpg

G728 BHP - 1990 Peugeot 405 GLx4 1.9 by Adam Floyd, on Flickr

Yes, it is a Pug 405 and not one of those weird Iranian versions. Looks so normal I never even noticed at the time that it's four-wheel drive. I knew of the sporty Mi16x4 but not the lesser GLx4, of which this is the only roadworthy example.

I had a red one as a company car for a while. Nice to drive in bad weather, terrible fuel consumption and not the quietest of transmissions.

7 hours ago, Volksy said:

Yeh, self contained on the rear only, with an electric LHM pump. 

That's fantastic. I reckon there's probably one out of 100 cars posted in this thread that I didn't know existed (because I know all the cars) but that genuinely is one. Weirdly I must have seen it irl if it was at FOU last year

They're hard to spot, as apart from a tiny GLx4 badge on the rear, they look like any other 405.

They can sink on the rear which, like an early Xantia gives them a saggy arse.

40 minutes ago, The Vicar said:

In Ireland, there was a 1200cc version of the Wolseley 1500. There was also a 1200cc A55 Cambridge, called the A45 (not listed here):

49787957601_6679870e3d_z.jpg

There was the Morris Crowley with a 1200cc engine in an Oxford body shell.

There was also the Isis with a 2.6 litre engine in a smartened  Oxford body & a right hand gear lever.

9 hours ago, The Vicar said:

In Ireland, there was a 1200cc version of the Wolseley 1500. There was also a 1200cc A55 Cambridge, called the A45 (not listed here):

49787957601_6679870e3d_z.jpg

Ah the madness of BMC. Magnette and Wolseley 15/50  and Wolseley 1500 and 1200 and Riley 1.5 all similar size cars in production at the same time. The Wolseley 1500 bodyshell was intended to be the new Morris Minor but that was canned - but in Australia it was sold as both Morris (Major) and Austin (Lancer) whilst the Minor continued with updates in the UK. Phew. Whilst at the same time selling the Austin Cambridge and Morris Oxford - but at least they eventually ended up with the same Farina bodyshell...

AROnline tells the story of the RoI CKD history.

https://www.aronline.co.uk/around-the-world/around-the-world-ireland/

On 4/10/2020 at 12:01 AM, 17-Coffees said:

So back to my China related cars. I'm sure most of us know of the ZAP Xebra...

A 3 wheeled, 5 door electric car sold in the USA in the Mid-late 2000's. Think a Daewoo Matiz but on 3 wheels...

spacer.png

Photo for those of you who don't know. And Keep in mind, it was USA road legal! 

Sold as a Snyder 660 in parts of the States. Interestingly, despite the steering wheel, three pedals and four speed floor change gear lever, it can ONLY be "driven" if you hold a motorcycle licence.

Seem to be quite stable, as "WatchJRGo" on YouTube manages to do (pretty poor) doughnuts in his.