Cars you didn't know existed until very recently.

philibusmo

Sorry if done before. Citroën BX11. I don’t speak Italian so I have know idea if he’s describing this as mingebag or what.

apparently only available in a handful of markets (Italy, Portugal and Greece) whereas most other countries got the BX14 (later BX14 E) as the base spec. 54hp in a biggish car must be dire.

9 hours ago, High Jetter said:

Skoda Scala. "The new family car from ŠKODA. With a modern yet timeless design"

In other words, hardly recognizeable in the sea of similar, boring, modern cars.

I googled it. Yep, utterly forgettable. Looks like a failed proposal for the Leon.

On 3/21/2020 at 8:45 AM, Austat said:

Innocent Mini Turbo De Tomaso:

2030808859_InnocentiMiniTurboDeTomaso.thumb.jpg.c5db5bfb80b41759c8fe9c1e6dfb121a.jpg

One of those belongs to a garage near me and I suspect might be the only one in the UK. It was seemingly imported new by De Tomaso agent Emilia Concessionaires but I've never been able to find out any more about it. It's spent most of its life standing still in the showroom but made a very rare and brief public appearance at last year's FOTU.

48365599697_2bcc29de26_c.jpg

C850 TRP - 1986 Innocenti De Tomaso Minitre Turbo by Adam Floyd, on Flickr

On 3/13/2020 at 8:46 PM, chaseracer said:

corcel1.PNG.d1e0f9e6504456a84c09bb3c5c1ffebf.PNG

Although I have no fucking idea how, a Corcel like this made it as far as my local area back in the early to mid 80s. It was UK registered so maybe the DVLA have a record of it?

On 2/4/2020 at 3:57 PM, NorfolkNWeigh said:

All I remember of these was that Ford decided to drive some , along with some Mavericks . From London to New York, a little ambitious and judging by the fact there don't seem to be any New York pictures in google images , presumably they failed and everything is at the bottom of The Bering Strait.

There was a documentary that followed the preparation and explained that some sort of amphibious tank thing was going to tow the cars across the Strait, but I never saw anything after the initial launch.

image.jpeg.c98d8526e2beab7690c15f17a7578d51.jpeg

image.jpeg.273f20a98de37fb329c96b727976833f.jpeg

I remember watching that on TV. I believe it was hosted by Nicky Campbell and Blue Peter and King Cinder sex thimble Peter Duncan was one of the drivers along with a senior girl scout. I can imagine them in bunk beds and him peering over with a toothy grin and telling her that it's only natural for her to want to see and touch his aroused penis. It's OK folks, I do have a solicitor to fight the impending legal action. 

I seriously thought about buying that around maybe 15 years ago when it came up for sale, was around £15k if I remember rightly. Not too bad for a 1 off concept car. It was 1 of 3 different types based on the Gamma although I did prefer the Ogliata myself though which was the 3 door one in the picture.

Lancia_Gamma_Olgiata_12.jpg

8 hours ago, gm said:

What is an Austin Cooper S Type ?

6BAED949-D957-4E4C-A0DC-EABDD88472ED.thumb.png.4c64f610434fa26f2d19004d6f478c4f.png
looks like a giffer special maestro but how did the name get on the v5 ? 

40F4C9CA-BE1B-456F-9A6A-9037B93C5137.thumb.png.21f4cca30f1a4fce1e8580fbe586ce9b.png
recently for sale on the ebay 

It’s surprising what the DVLA, or more likely local offices, when they existed, would put on logbooks.

I remember a few years ago when the statistics were released for the 2009 scrappage scheme , people were shocked to see Morgans and Quattros amongst other things on the list, No doubt, Spartans/Moss roadsters, Coupe or 80 quattros that at some point had been listed wrong on the logbook, either by mistake or for profit.

A trader friend always upgraded Cortinas, Sierras etc from L to GL etc when changing ownership. He reckoned at least 50% of the time it was successful.