Cars you didn't know existed until very recently.

philibusmo

On 11/29/2019 at 10:07 PM, bunglebus said:

Peugeot 505 crew cab

peugeot-504-sw-02.jpg

504-pick-up-double-cabine-cc-resultat.jpg

There used to be 3 of these at Phnom Penh airport before they expanded it. They used to haul the baggage from the planes to the carousel. 

After the rebuild, they had disappeared but in their place was a yellow 605 pickup with some contraption on the back - not quite sure what it was used for. I can’t find my photos of it but I know a google image search for the airport used to have a pic of an Air Koryo plane and it was clearly in shot.

On 12/2/2019 at 1:41 PM, quicksilver said:

Those allegedly have sills full of concrete as chopping the roof off lost so much structural integrity. Not so much a floppytop as a floppybody.

I'm sure I must have told this story before, but way back in the early 1990s my mum's Metro got run into by what she was adamant was an Allegro convertible and was one of only two on the road, but both my dad and I refused to believe such a thing existed and thought she must have been confused. Turns out she was right and the Allegro convertible is indeed a thing as I saw one at a BL show a couple of years ago.

IMG_0785.thumb.JPG.9d2ac0247917a478331bbac066947927.JPG

When I was 16 I hitchiked a lot and once got a lift from Spaghetti junction to the bottom of the M1 in an Asquith or similar . The driver moaned like fuck about how horrible it was to drive and I remember it being so slow I thought about asking him to drop me at a Services to get a better lift!

A Volkswagen I have never heard of. Assumed it was a South American only model, but it seems to be German.

The seller has probably sealed it's fate by using a chain round the roof to lift it.

1979 VW Derby.      https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/volkswagen/auction-2413183945.htm?rsqid=7e62066be3fd4bfa8e2c0906764b1657-003

vw.jpg.fee02078e929092fe7c8dc5bec984752.jpg

10 minutes ago, Vince70 said:

I had a lovely couple of owner low mileage immaculate Polo Saloon (badged as a classic)  on a A plate a few years back in metallic brown and I  ended up giving it to my brother and he wrecked it to my disgust.

It was a posh one as well as it it even came with headlamp washers.

15 hours ago, Timewaster said:

I worked with a guy who has previously worked at Asquith. 

He said they were full of wob and woodscrew from the factory!

Although I think he had been sacked so perhaps not a reliable source. 

i worked there for a while , they werent nothing special like a factory made kit car i guess 

The Crowther, another failed NZ car to beat the world.  1974

Two were built, a utility ( the Toiler) and a two door saloon. The saloon has disappeared, but the Ute exists but not in running order. Bodies were fibreglass, engines apparently Renault and transmission Daf variomatic

1254432204_1974CrowtherToiler.jpg.c95a4021148233f41f7c2272c0d5a3ec.jpg

The car to the right may be an earlier attempt by Crowther, a rotary powered car from 1969

822074066_1969Rotarymotive-CrowtherSedan_02.JPG.fe72fd7db1b704aa3702eb73ce21f6e5.JPG

Details are pretty minimal, so I may be wrong about anything except the word Crowther !!!