Cars you didn't know existed until very recently.

philibusmo

I think that Vectra, just got its bad side to the camera.

image.jpeg.9b8e6f7ff170ab162a9919cba39722fd.jpeg

Admittedly this ones a Premier not a Statesman, but given the choice of my nearest and dearest rocking up to the crem in this or paying 4 times as much for an equally hideous stretched new shape XJ, I'm more than happy to make my final journey in a convoy of Vectras.

Spot the bits from the Ford parts bin: they are attached to a Winchester Mark IV and I've never heard of this one before. One of three survivors from not very many built in the first place. The engine is from a Transit which is hard to spot from here.

winchester1.thumb.jpg.4a8fb01273e4e279ceabf9ca0f427649.jpg

winchester2.thumb.jpg.61a13abcec1386c28d3faa1456a2ff72.jpg

Thanks to our very own @dollywobbler I'm now aware of the Dongfeng Fukang, or Citroen Fukang 998, or Dongfeng-Citroen Fukang, or Citroen Elysee.  It's a ZX with a boot.

citroen-fukang-988-sedan-china-1.jpg

It got a terrible facelift, which seems to be the one that's the Elysee.

citroen-c-elysee-4.jpg

You can get them as a weird roller-shutter van thing.

19381264.jpg

You can get them as a crew-cab.

19380101.jpg

Naturally, you can also get them with more legroom in the back, because China, and that's the Citroen Dong Feng Elysse Limousine VIP.  Or something.  It seems every car has half a dozen different names, each one longer and more pointless than the last.  It's a ZX with a boot and fat B pillars.

citroen-vip-china-1.jpg

On 10/25/2019 at 1:49 AM, vulgalour said:

Thanks to our very own @dollywobbler I'm now aware of the Dongfeng Fukang, or Citroen Fukang 998, or Dongfeng-Citroen Fukang, or Citroen Elysee.  It's a ZX with a boot.

citroen-fukang-988-sedan-china-1.jpg

It got a terrible facelift, which seems to be the one that's the Elysee.

citroen-c-elysee-4.jpg

You can get them as a weird roller-shutter van thing.

19381264.jpg

You can get them as a crew-cab.

19380101.jpg

There was a plan also in France to give the XM a third and more radical make-over in the late 90's introducing a solid C-pillar, boot and corporatising the nose to the then current Citroen look. I don't think it looks bad. Did not get beyond a prototype alas. That wingtip XM badge is particularly neat in how it resolves the (old) scallop to the (new) nose fit.

The automotive 'makeover' is as old as the car I suppose - some better than others. Saab were one of the masters with the 99 and derivatives.

20191031_121318.jpg.99f56f73c210a9b4acd154f36b9e1e89.jpg

More:

http://www.citroenet.org.uk/passenger-cars/psa/xm/xm-16.html

4 hours ago, bunglebus said:

Didn't realise the Jag XJC was also sold as the Daimler Sovereign coupé

20796_0.jpg?1541177778

And as the 'Double Six' with the V12.

I remember years ago that the Coupe was tipped to be "the next really valuable Jaguar" etc.

Ironic that the Ford Cortina etc long ago overtook it in value. Something completely unforseen 20 years ago.