Cars you didn't know existed until very recently.

philibusmo

This is the for sale ad, that suggests it's an original Abarth.

https://www.autobelle.it/it/a/Vendo_FIAT_TIPO_2000_16V_ABARTH_66401.xhtml

That said, it's the only example I can find at all, anywhere, so who knows?  It's in Italy so perhaps the chances of it being genuine are higher and they were a home market only deal, or perhaps it's all bollocks.

I have little or no interest in the Tipo on account of it being a right ugly old mutt. Other than a brieftest drive in a 16 valve I've no experience of driving any Tipo. I do not wish to own a Tipo and I have little interest in the history of the Tipo. I have no idea why the existence/non-existence of this car has bothered me a bit since the early 90s.

On 10/13/2019 at 7:56 PM, myglaren said:

My eldest lad has had one for 3 or 4 years.  Slightly insane.

I said I thought it was quick - he said that was comfort mode, see what happens when I push the Cupra button.

?

I read that VAG are potentially going to drop the 'Seat' name and replace it with 'Cupra', in a move to push the brand more upmarket. Whilst at the same time, relegating Skoda to a more cheaper position.

The possible rebranding of Seat forms part of a wider plan for further differentiation between each of Volkswagen’s key volume car brands. Nothing is official yet, although Diess indicated Skoda is set to adopt a more budget-oriented role and Seat may be taken further upmarket in a future-proofing move for both brands.

Read more here

3 minutes ago, face said:

I read that VAG are potentially going to drop the 'Seat' name and replace it with 'Cupra', in a move to push the brand more upmarket. Whilst at the same time, relegating Skoda to a more cheaper position.

Read more here

Interesting, to me Skoda currently seem to be a step above Seat in terms of quality and spec . Seat seem to aim for the younger market with sportier trim levels and certainly the base spec Seats are less well equipped and cheaper than the equivalent Skoda product in the current range.

Ok so I'm a bit of a Skoda fanboi now being on our third on the trot for family duties but it saddens me that they might be going down market. Over the last few years I've felt that Skoda is kind of like the new Saab (don't shoot me) by that I mean it's the thinking man's choice rather than following the crowd and getting an Audi or VW.

35 minutes ago, Tartan58 said:

Interesting, to me Skoda currently seem to be a step above Seat in terms of quality and spec . Seat seem to aim for the younger market with sportier trim levels and certainly the base spec Seats are less well equipped and cheaper than the equivalent Skoda product in the current range.

Ok so I'm a bit of a Skoda fanboi now being on our third on the trot for family duties but it saddens me that they might be going down market. Over the last few years I've felt that Skoda is kind of like the new Saab (don't shoot me) by that I mean it's the thinking man's choice rather than following the crowd and getting an Audi or VW.

Yeah I pretty much see the current situation as you do.

Be a real shame if we lost the Seat name I think.

3 hours ago, bunglebus said:

Spotted this today - didn't seem to be an Axiom - Doovla says Microcar

It's the new name for Ligier - purveyor of 'sans permit' cars and formula 1 chod since Adam was a lad. The things are literally glued together - watch this video - and marvel at the robots at work. I wonder who's to blame for the fantastic bumper/wing alignment shown at 2:54 man or machine?

You can buy one from one of the 45 dealers in the UK - glad to see well known former Reliant fettler Michaels of Selby are amongst them.

http://micro-car.co.uk/index.php

2 hours ago, vulgalour said:

From that automotive powerhouse, Liechtenstein, I present to you the Jehle Saphier.

0548462f41aeee52d372cff6b2e11c1d--lichte

That's so wedgy it looks like a giant wheeled doorstop. Was it designed by Harris Mann when he was off his tits on LSD?

1959 Other Microcar for sale...Microsomething Datseewatsee.

D-A-I-H-A-T-S-U Trimobile Microcar, 1959, 305 2-stroke. Here's the scam on them:

"Has 545 miles and extremely motivated seller.

Also the American version had a split rear window and a crane incorporated in the hood emblem. The Trimobile was manufactured from 1959-1963 with three wheels and after 1964 was made with four wheels for safety reasons. With a 305 two stroke speeds may* reach 45 MPH. They wear street legal with suicide doors, side curtains, and a moon roof, which most micro cars had for the simple reason if you were involved in an accident you could climb out the top."

*down a mineshaft

On 10/13/2019 at 12:47 PM, myglaren said:

Fisker Karma - heard of but never seen.

Turned up in "In The Order Of Disappearance"

Looked like a BMW

Fisker_Karma_EVer_EcoChic_–_Frontansicht_(1),_6._Juni_2012,_Düsseldorf.jpg

I always wondered if made by Fisker Scissors of Sweden. About 5 years ago sales were taking off on these and all of the new ones were in a fenced-in lot in Florida or somewhere ready for distribution.  The annual hurricane blew through and did a flood number on them. Next week 50 0r 60 show up on E-Bay, of all places. I saw the ads. NOT ONE WORD  about being submerged up to the steering wheels in swamp water. How many of you would buy a high-performance electric car that had gone submersible?

On 10/13/2019 at 7:47 PM, myglaren said:

Fisker Karma - heard of but never seen.

Turned up in "In The Order Of Disappearance"

Looked like a BMW

Fisker_Karma_EVer_EcoChic_–_Frontansicht_(1),_6._Juni_2012,_Düsseldorf.jpg

Before Fisker got obsessed by the whole electric thing,  they rebodied the BangleBMW E63 6-series and called their effort the Latigo.

2006-fisker-latigo-for-sale.jpg

fisker-latigo-3.jpg

It not only looked better than the BMW (I thought it was what BMW should have built in the first place) but was so successful that only two were built. 

15 hours ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

Before Fisker got obsessed by the whole electric thing,  they rebodied the BangleBMW E63 6-series and called their effort the Latigo.

2006-fisker-latigo-for-sale.jpg

fisker-latigo-3.jpg

It not only looked better than the BMW (I thought it was what BMW should have built in the first place) but was so successful that only two were built. 

Those wheels are appalling. But I agree, nicer than the 6 it's based on (which is ageing very well, to be fair).

19 hours ago, Steve79 said:

Ford Puma, not what your thinking though!

1-litre 3pot econoboost mild hybrid with 153bhp.

Actually quite like it!

2019_ford_puma_st-line_03b.jpg

2019_ford_puma_st-line_06.jpg

If I HAD to buy some sort of SUV based bollocks, then this could make the depressing list.

Saying that, I cannot excuse the name. The original Ford Puma was (and is) a tiny bundle of joy. This new one will not emit even a smidge of the old ones personality and flair.