Cars you didn't know existed until very recently.

philibusmo

14 hours ago, shedenvy said:

This should really be in the mistery watizit thread but today I saw this:

20190831_181128.thumb.jpg.89f7a6d1e1d184c4e38e55f0fbb46c5e.jpg

The front end is a Piaggio Typhoon and obvs back end is a wheelchair ramp. Guessing it's an air cooled 125cc.

Yep 125cc.It's called a Nippi , used to see a few at BCA motorcycle auctions a few years ago.

10 hours ago, lesapandre said:

Renault 5 by Alpine. I saw the hatch version whilst away in France in August. This roof conversation is probably by them too. Not bad looking - by sloping the rollover they have given it some style. Must be rare - I'd never seen an Alpine 5 before. Not my photo.

20190901_101221.jpg

I thought that was what the home market got when we got the 5 Gordini, and later Alpine Turbo/ Gordini Turbo. Probably because in the UK we still associated Alpine with Sunbeam.

On 9/1/2019 at 10:45 AM, meggersdog said:

Yep 125cc.It's called a Nippi , used to see a few at BCA motorcycle auctions a few years ago.

There was one on Facebook marketplace up the road from me this week, unfortunately too wide to go through my cellar door or I would have bought it for going up the shop while sat in an armchair .

That one's a photoshop. Not sure if Citroen ever did prototype a Visa 'loon, but it would probably have sold well enough in the Pug 204 bracket. Then again, Renault never bothered with the 7 in France, so maybe the small saloon market was drying up by that stage?

Anyway, here's a pretty amazing thing. One-off '62 wagon built by FLM Panelcraft in Britain for Stengel coachwork in California. Amazingly, it survives. Totally new one on me and one of the colest cars I've seen for a while

file.jpg.edd19534761aa414a68349da9560a79a.jpg