Cars you didn't know existed until very recently.

philibusmo

On 6/10/2019 at 2:33 PM, quicksilver said:

Funnily enough there was a Cascada lurking in the corner of the car park at Vauxhall Heritage yesterday, the first one I've knowingly seen up close. This one was brown and had a diesel engine so it looked stunning*. Amazing that GM seriously thought of that Insignia in a party frock as a Merc and Audi rival and I'm not surprised it was the first thing PSA pulled the plug on.

seemingly they are Astra J based not Insignia

Honda Spike

IMG_20190703_123420.jpg

The couple in the shorts were also taking a photo of it when the owner in the sunglasses came back and he talked at them for ages about it. I felt that if he saw me photographing the front he'd draw me into the conversation so you've got a covert rear shot only.

The weird world of kit cars and bespoke specials continues to deliver. This is a Healy Enigma (and yes that spelling is correct), a sort of modern day Big Healey based on an MX5 with a Lexus V8, Bini headlights and K12 Micra rearlights. All shiny and new, registered just this month.

48206403627_245ee5ec59_c.jpg

AU19 EYG - 2019 Healy Enigma V8 by Adam Floyd, on Flickr

I suspect there's enough new bits for it to count as a brand new car - I thought it was based on a modified MX5 body but it's actually an all-new fibreglass moulding with only the windscreen and hood from the donor car. The interesting thing is that this one is recorded as manufactured in 2018 but registered in July 2019 so either it's a kit that was produced last year and has only just been finished or a complete car that hung around unregistered for a while. The Healy Designs website gives the full spec.

On 7/3/2019 at 10:44 PM, Pillock said:

Honda Spike

The couple in the shorts were also taking a photo of it when the owner in the sunglasses came back and he talked at them for ages about it. I felt that if he saw me photographing the front he'd draw me into the conversation so you've got a covert rear shot only.

For the curious this is what the, to give it it's full name, Honda Mobilio Spike looks like from the front (this particular one can be found at the back of the house with dead bodies under it).

70005514503019022600100.jpg.8730142bbdc074cc10e38a4284534f8b.jpg

9DCC0553-4964-47E3-9875-A36C2F5DBFBF.thumb.jpeg.995a40abdee21db616e5a2af9159bc6d.jpegNot sure if I got around to posting this before my recent push around China...

This Chrysler 300 was parked up at my local drive in along with square steering wheel (I think possibly beating the all-agro by a few years?)

60F74459-7A61-4679-8AB9-6EDD345B8AE1.thumb.jpeg.8054c1119a23d06d2fbafe43d1b7a0bb.jpeg

Seems like a pretty rare mid sixties car and forerunner of the muscle cars. 

Holden Torana hatchback.

3STPWPX.jpg

eioMYdU.jpg

Like a Victor FE coupe. From before Opel Monza.

A UK FE Ventora 3.3 coupe version could have been good. Competition for the Granada Ghia coupe, Capri 3000 Ghia, and, errrrm, the very stylish and capable (but expensive and 17 mpg) GM Opel Commodore GS/E. Oh well, never mind.

Yes, jagdwagen is a hunting car, approximately the German equivalent of our Shooting Brake, but jagdwagens (jagdwagenen? ) tend to be more rugged, off road vehicles with minimal bodywork.

The Ferguson story has just been told in full for the very first time in this excellent book, which I'd recommend to anyone interested in the development of 4wd:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Traction-Sale-Ferguson-Formula-Four-Wheel/dp/0993101860

Never seen that Holden coop before. Like it a lot

These might be a bit modern for here but have we had anything by Lynk & Co yet? Owned by Geely and based on the same platform as the Volvo XC40. I hadn't heard of them until I started watching this years World Touring Car series. 

01 SUV

lynk-and-co-01

02 Crossover SUV Coupe

See the source image

03 saloon.

Lynk & Co 03

On 7/2/2019 at 7:14 PM, bunglebus said:

The best looking Bini of the lot

I agree, though the Roadster runs it close. Strangely I saw one of these vans earlier in the week near Warminster and my first thought was how neat it looked. No idea if BMW sold many or even if it was anything other than a limited run but a nice idea though I'm sure it cost squillions.

Followed that blue van on the M25 (outside London) the other day.  There were other Polish plated classics (Volvos and Ladas etc) around.  

Here's the website. "Zlombol":  https://zlombol.pl/59-zombol/zlombol2016/blog-2016/527-harmonogram-zlombol-2017.html

Check out this photo gallery!: https://zlombol.pl/galeria/zlombol-2018/wyjazd

20 hours ago, BL Bloke said:

These might be a bit modern for here but have we had anything by Lynk & Co yet? Owned by Geely and based on the same platform as the Volvo XC40. I hadn't heard of them until I started watching this years World Touring Car series. 

01 SUV

lynk-and-co-01

02 Crossover SUV Coupe

See the source image

03 saloon.

Lynk & Co 03

My brother in law has one of these. They are actually quite nice. 

FD1F3415-7662-4F81-9082-DF88538FCF4B.jpeg