Cars you didn't know existed until very recently.

philibusmo

From a search, they have been mentioned on AS before - but the Replicar Cursor - made in Kent - in fact just a couple of miles from where I grew up in the 80's is new to me - how I've never heard of them before, I don't know!

attachicon.gif41928437_2738612826164570_3045571694824521728_o.jpg

attachicon.gif23593592_550535358619196_5305409535676078538_o.jpg

It’s like you have been asked to draw a Bug Bug when you have the biggest migraine ever.

It's a Rom Carmel 1300 estate. There's a past Reliant connection with Autocars Israel. (Notice how Reliant Regal-esque the doors are)

post-19900-0-36061300-1556325185_thumb.jpg

(edit: This face-lift job might actually be a 1301)

(edit: Confirmed, the above is a 1301)

8708645225_6cfb5d3136_b.jpg

Rom Carmel 1301 Estate by Yohai Rodin, on Flickr

6066227744_1ccae3c65d_b.jpg

rom carmel, an israeli car by avivami, on Flickr

https://www.aronline.co.uk/cars/triumph/around-the-world-autocars-of-israel/

8752695195_f21494b4e5_b.jpg

Rom Carmel 1300 Estate by Yohai Rodin, on Flickr

What is this?  Looks like it has the flag of Israel on the door there, that might be a misleading clue, I'm not sure.  Fibreglass construction maybe?

Here's what you posted back on page 78 of this thread... http://autoshite.com/topic/18581-cars-you-didnt-know-existed-until-very-recently/page-78?do=findComment&comment=1580575

im disappointed these didn't show up sooner here  :mrgreen:

Wonder if any are in the UK :)

my mum grew up and lived in israel and a good while back I asked her if israel had a local car company, me expecting her to beam about it with national pride

oh how she both laughed and was horrified at the same time :)

I recall her mentioning the neighbours had one in the 1960s/1970s and how it was so shite her parents actively kept her away from it or something along those lines IIRC :)

This was posted on the Facebook Microcar page, Polish 126 based. Anyone know more?

https://player.hu/auto-motor-2/ilyen-modern-utodot-is-kaphatott-volna-a-kispolszki/?fbclid=IwAR3SlbLzM2BERjGIF6_D-Tn9v4a8R653Vch0EwJr2c_73e1KAcuUk8SFkmw

They seem to have picked Coleen Rooney for the promo pic, lol.

fiat_126_city.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

In Amsterdam last week, didn't know about these. The red car is a Canta LX.

Note the CVT pulley under the front. There are a lot of these about, they use the cycleways so can go everywhere. A Dutch Invacar. Sounds like a four-stroke single cylinder engine.

The other car is a Biro, Electric and it isn't clear to me whether it is considered a car for roads or a scooter for cycleways.

No Dafs though.  :sad:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I've got a 2017 Mirage Juro CVT hatchback which does not look as dumpy as that saloon.  A lot of hatchbacks which are offered as saloons, i.e. with a boot, have awkward styling.  The Mirage above is no exception.

On 5/18/2019 at 10:21 AM, MorrisItalSLX said:

A Nissan Pintara with a few blue ovals stuck on, courtesy of the Button Car Plan.

Yeah I thought it looked vaguely Nissan. 

CA20E is the same engine as our injected bluebirds. 

The other engine, KA24, is an earlier 8v that eventually gained 16 valves and went into things like Navaras and US 200SX (240SX over there).

49 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

I noticed a circa 1990 Iveco SWB van today on Polish plates. Apparently a edition known as a ‘Basil’ (the sticker was in exactly the same place and style as the ‘Daily’ one normally goes). 

Pretty sure most Ivecos are "Fawlty" .

/Cavcraft

SUB-TITle: Worst Attempt To Fool People Into Thinking a Beach On the Detroit River, Michigan Is a Tropical Hawaiian Beach 

Image result for camaro with fake wood paneling.........yes that's Detroit in the background. A one-off dream car/concept car promoting the 1967 Camaro called The Waikiki; with fake wood paneling, forced smiles and the smoggy haze of a grim northern town. Surf's not up yet -- but they got a hula-dancer goin'! Don't you wish you could be part of that scene?

What say any of you? I think it's pretty boss myself...if only how it would piss-off Chevrolet fans if it showed up at a car show. To them it would be like a Corvette with a trailer hitch or Elvis in a kilt. Apparently it had Vauxhall Viva or Renault headlights and okra-colored shag carpeting. Curbside Classic did a story about the fotoshoot a few years ago.