Cars you didn't know existed until very recently.

philibusmo

Speaking of air-cooled oddities, I knew about the VW Gol, what I didn't know about was the Gol Furgao, which is the van version.  That said, I suspect the Furgao version was actually the later watercooled 1.6 rather than the air cooled Beetle derived 1.3 since I've only been able to find reference to the larger engined cars in van form.

Gol+Furg%25C3%25A3o.jpg

Holy Pineapples, a front engined VW bay window! Imagine turning up at a Dubfest with one

I'm going to guess that with a flat four air-cooled engine under your seat and the brochure bragging that it is the "basic transporter" you wouldn't be able to hear any of the comments made by others.

It certainly doesnt look like driver comfort was high up the list of priorities on the design document.

Nissan Sunny. I don't remember ever seeing one like this before

At National Trust Arts & Crafts Philip Webb designed Standon today.

attachicon.gifIMG_7765.JPG

A handsome vehicle anyway

attachicon.gifIMG_7763.JPG

Mrs Concern's Moodus luckily out of shot.

There are heaps of these in Timor Leste running around as taxis, all brush painted yellow with bodywork made of wob and crossed fingers.

http://www.lexicarbrasil.com.br/ is a little treasure trove of obscure-to-us stuff, popped up when looking for Gol info.  Amongst their gems is the Diaseta which seems very much in the same vein as the Argentinian Ford Falcon from the 80s.

diaseta1.jpg

Note how quickly the salesman is scribbling down Chris Spedding's order before he changes his mind and records a song about motorcycles instead.

What they told you: These unpainted plastics will protect your paint from parking scrapes and save you a fortune in repairs, your car will be worth more when you trade it in.

What they meant: We need to cut costs somewhere, what if we just didn't paint the bits that don't rust?

Ford took it to new levels with the Ka, which they decided only needed painting where you could actually see the paint with the car fully assembled.