Cars you didn't know existed until very recently.

philibusmo

This pile of excrement passed me the other day on the A12.

Who the fuck needs five point oh litres of Diesel pushing there pointless chariot along.

Buy a Focus ST* you PCP twonk. You'll be delighted by the price and performance.

*other marques available.319cbe9ee236637cc77e400532104934.jpg

The random numbers on the back of modern Audis mean fuck all. That would have been a 3.0V6.

They caught this off BMW- you didn't really think the 140i had 4.0 did you? Uh' uh, sorry.

I blame the BMW 525eta, or maybe the V8 W108 Mercs, at least they put a 3.5,4.5 (US) or 6.3 after the misleading 300.

The random numbers on the back of modern Audis mean fuck all. That would have been a 3.0V6.

They caught this off BMW- you didn't really think the 140i had 4.0 did you? Uh' uh, sorry.

I blame the BMW 525eta, or maybe the V8 W108 Mercs, at least they put a 3.5,4.5 (US) or 6.3 after the misleading 300.

Oh FFS, now Aldi have made me look a twat with their false advertising.

A colleague reliably* informs me that his S5 V6T is also supercharged. (not turbocharged).

Why Aldi, WHY?

I'll admit the brand has nothing like the cachet of the builder of such awesome cars as the MG 1300 or whatever they called that one based on the Austin Cambridge but surely not even a second tier brand such as Aston Martin could survive such stupidity.

car_photo_348562.jpg

I've only ever seen two of those in the wild - one outside Roma Termini station, and the other in the arse end of Lincolnshire just up the road from Skattrd's.

Weren't they some kind of scam / loophole thing to bring the average emissions of the Aston range within the legal limits?

No, you must be mistaken. Look it says so here on the Aston Martin Heritage site;

post-17414-0-19039100-1554987452_thumb.png

Initially only available to existing Aston owners, it was envisaged that when they all had one sales would be opened up to everyone , or at least 4,000 per year- the anticipated production capacity.

Well, that went well 300 were sold worldwide, and only one of them is worth having, this one, with its Factory fitted V8 Vantage engine.

post-17414-0-73514000-1554987654_thumb.jpeg

I sort of kind of knew these existed but I had forgotten how odd they looked. While I was searching for other AC heaps to be rude about I was reminded of the Scott Sociable and its slightly odd wheel layout. The more you look at it the less you believe that it stayed upright.

shaw-family-and-the-scott-sociable_8254_

Reminds me of the Hannu and Arne balancing act from 85(?)post-17414-0-36065000-1554991588_thumb.jpeg

No, you must be mistaken. Look it says so here on the Aston Martin Heritage site;

image.png

Initially only available to existing Aston owners, it was envisaged that when they all had one sales would be opened up to everyone , or at least 4,000 per year- the anticipated production capacity.

Well, that went well 300 were sold worldwide, and only one of them is worth having, this one, with its Factory fitted V8 Vantage engine.

image.jpeg

Even that V8 is probably hopeless. All that power in such a short wheelbase. Waste of a V8 really.

It sees the whole thing that Aston did with the Toyota IQ is now redundant, I.E taking a 'eco' model from another manufacture and calling it your own, as it turns out due to EU rules manufacturers can team up/make a deal with another manufacture to get around it!

Why Fiat/Chrysler have 'teamed up' with Tesla...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-47845971

*Not 100% on topic, but since talk of the Aston Cygnet is on the page...

For the record, I'd 100% rock a Cygnet! 

The best looking car ever made, for under £35 the 406 Coupe. I've just seen one on French plates and it looked like a facelift. Confused as it looked factory.

Here she is.

I remember them being slated because Peugeot toned down the design from the original concept.