Cars you didn't know existed until very recently.

philibusmo

Anyone know what this is that I took the most amazing pic of when it was on telly the other day.

20181203_091628.jpg

Dvla have record. I thought it was a messed with Volvo but that badge looks a bit Cadillac.

Is it one of those non description generic "car" things knocked up to use in advertising?

Like the badgeless green cars (Mazdas?) in the LV commercials.

Often used if the car is shown in a non flattering way, breaking down or being towed.

I was going to say if it's a Volvo why no record never thinking it might be fake.

Thing is I took it from Salvage Hunters on Quest not an advert. Was in some blokes house. He had a small electric car in a barn too.

It's now registered 456 FPO from memory; if you google F143 PLT it'll link back to a photo Breadvan took of it in 2017 which was posted on this very forum.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

^ now those I like

..well at least the idea of  ;)

'cept I feel they ought to have followed an arc rather than being almost straight. 

probably 'designed' by some kid straight out of college :shock:

I did know these existed as they were built in Spalding just down the road from me. What I didn't know was that they never built them as kit cars which I think justifies their inclusion here. Obviously an updated Elan, but apparently OK. They knocked out one a week, much like my good self.

1986_Evante_Roadster_140_TC.jpg

Evante roadster.

Went bust in early 91 then 9 more more were built by Fleur De lys the van people.

I saw one of these at a car show once and was talking to the owner about it. He loved the thing, but said getting parts was interesting - they were often available, but you had to figure out where you recognised some of them from if they didn't have any makers' marks on them. The grille on his, for instance, always struck him as being slightly familiar. I think he said he'd owned it a few years before he realised it was a Vauxhall Senator grille, fitted upside down.

The rear lights were off another Vauxhall I think as well, and the alloys on his were the same as the one in the photo posted here. IIRC I think he said they were off a rear engined Skoda, of all things.

I got the impression it was a kind of Scrapheap Challenge version of an Elan. Though none the worse for it, he reckoned.

It's now registered 456 FPO from memory; if you google F143 PLT it'll link back to a photo Breadvan took of it in 2017 which was posted on this very forum.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Why thank you that does seem like it might be the same car.

On another note look at all the yellow names in that thread.

I like cars which reflect a little ingenuity . . 

6349457750_473ca24700_b.jpg

^ Kaiser-Frazer Vagabond and Traveler models (c. late '40's early 50's)

large.jpg

^ 1949 advert

..112 hp and a body style - surely incomparable to any 1949 British or European made car. ?  but perhaps reminiscent of the MG Magnette of 1953 or the Riley Path(ditch)finder also introduced in 1953 ..when the Kaiser ceased saloon car production (although much the same car evolved in Argentina).

I like cars which reflect a little ingenuity . . 

6349457750_473ca24700_b.jpg

^ Kaiser-Frazer Vagabond and Traveler models (c. late '40's early 50's)

large.jpg

^ 1949 advert

..112 hp and a body style - surely incomparable to any 1949 British or European made car. ?  but perhaps reminiscent of the MG Magnette of 1953 or the Riley Path(ditch)finder also introduced in 1953 ..when the Kaiser ceased saloon car production (although much the same car evolved in Argentina).

post-3405-0-02072700-1544531089_thumb.jpg