Cars you didn't know existed until very recently.

philibusmo

This is more a spec of car I never knew you could still get...

Chevy Silverado - Regular Cab, Short box. 

attachicon.gif14951743817.jpg

Reminds me of the old C10's and such!

One of my friends who now lives in rural Oregon works at a GM dealership, and he said he's never seen in the metal, and none at the dealership has ordered or sold one! And i can confirm this spec can still be bought, having checked just now!

I can't help but love it in this spec!

That's Oregon for you, only sensible trucks get bought. Down here in ted Cruz country you see a few of them, just the thing for your sixteen year old to drive to school.

This is more a spec of car I never knew you could still get...

Chevy Silverado - Regular Cab, Short box.

14951743817.jpg

Reminds me of the old C10's and such!

One of my friends who now lives in rural Oregon works at a GM dealership, and he said he's never seen in the metal, and none at the dealership has ordered or sold one! And i can confirm this spec can still be bought, having checked just now!

I can't help but love it in this spec!

My old work had a SRT-10 Ram in that spec and it was still massive.

I seem to remember a Transit Connect that did that. Passenger seat folds flat and the bulkhead turned 90degrees.

I think it must have been a hire van.

Current Transit Courier does

https://www.ford.co.uk/vans-and-pickups/transit-courier?searchid=ppc:UK-TransitCourier-Courier-Exact:TransitCourier-Exact:ford%20transit%20courier:e:c:g:GOOGLE&gclid=Cj0KCQiAtJbTBRDkARIsAIA0a5PyMmr2-pu1W2koigdEBzOfY4q3dElUXsVtPRZCXzruYdauTc8qXBMaAmReEALw_wcB#/overlay/content/overlays/ford-transit-courier-media-carousel/transit-courier-bulkhead

I can see the dash getting very tatty not to mention how many windscreens you could get through.  My Astra can still carry a longer load too.

Citroen LNA enterprise, which is the 'van' version. Haven't confirmed whether this came in 652cc form yet!

I'm assuming this was some sort of tax-break special in France?  When I was working over there in about 2002 I often drove company (waggles fingers) "vans" that were clearly just Puntos and Clios that never had the rear seats installed.

They generally had engines so tiny that you could have walked quicker and had never, ever, ever seen any maintenance.

The actual real Maserati Levante is worse!!

maserati-levante.jpg?itok=jCJmr7xE

Hold on a minute - wide spaced vertical bars in the grille, three little air holes in the front wing, crease line over the rear haunches that then sweeps up and forwards to the nose... that’s not a Maserati, that’s a goddam 1950s Buick.

post-4091-0-85198900-1517004563_thumb.jpeg

It looks great.

Apart from that rear door window...

attachicon.gifC0169B2C-72EA-417A-A532-5470E4104216.jpeg

The difference between a (perhaps?) five figure conversion and a six figure one I suspect; once you start monkeying with doors, door glass and door frames the costs get (more)stupid very quickly. Although if you can afford to hack up a Tesla S you're not short of boodle I guess.

Apparently (according to the owner), this beastie badged as a Verté Tempest is an Australian Ford (ford logo on the dash confirmed this) powered by an LPG only straight 6;

39936843922_0d9f122f1a_k.jpg20180129_142008 by RS, on Flickr

39258245154_927b55a0e8_k.jpg20180129_142019 by RS, on Flickr

Apparently (according to the owner), this beastie badged as a Verté Tempest is an Australian Ford (ford logo on the dash confirmed this) powered by an LPG only straight 6;

Good gravy, that's quite the spot. 

Verte Automotive

In the UK, AU utilities were imported by Verte Automotive (then a subsidiary of AC Cars) as the Verte Tempest from March 2002. Sold in XL and XLS trim levels, it was powered by the 4.0-litre inline-six on LPG only. From the last quarter of 2002, plans included powering the AC Green and Black coupes with the same engine (LPG and petrol, respectively) and eventually selling a range of Tempest XR6 and XR8 utes and sedans, ahead of the Tempest T-Series and the long-wheelbase Fairlane/LTD duo.These plans, however, never eventuated.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Falcon_(AU)#Verte_Automotive

Didn't think there'd be much call for an AU series Ford Falcon ute on these fair shores... even rebadged and running on LPG. Interesting that DVLA claim a 2005 manufacture as well as first UK registration date - this is the 1998-2000 pre-facelift version of the AU, with the all-new BA Falcon arriving in 2002, so they would have been well out of date by the time Verté started importing them in '02. There's bound to be a story in there somewhere...

post-17915-0-69139900-1517244229_thumb.png

post-17915-0-66043000-1517244258_thumb.jpg

Still, quite a spot! And a tenuous AC link to Zelandeth's fleet, too...

The difference between a (perhaps?) five figure conversion and a six figure one I suspect; once you start monkeying with doors, door glass and door frames the costs get (more)stupid very quickly. Although if you can afford to hack up a Tesla S you're not short of boodle I guess.

The two side windows are bespoke from Pilkingtons so I think they could have had two rear door windows made up with a sliver of extra glass on them.

Rear hatch glass with wiper is mark 1 Focus, roof and structure is carbon fibre.

It’s about 12 kg lighter than the hatch and apparently more aerodynamic.