Cars you didn't know existed until very recently.

philibusmo

Holy sht, what is that? I want one.

And why would a fire tender want those many windows ..to see the flames without getting out of the car ?  :shock:

Must admit it has some sort of appeal (I'd like a Zeppelin !). Though perhaps not for the shy !  

I said bombs away, not bums ! :mrgreen:

"It's a 1941 Horch 853 Sport Cabriolet purchased in November 1945 by a firefighting team in Brno, Czechoslovakia. Altered so that it could deliver 6 people plus hoses quickly to the scene of a fire."

"It's a 1941 Horch 853 Sport Cabriolet purchased in November 1945 by a firefighting team in Brno, Czechoslovakia. Altered so that it could deliver 6 people plus hoses quickly to the scene of a fire."

Faahkin hell, makes Trumpton look a bunch of amateurs.

The fire probably looked at the car once and said "Ahm oot".

Hasiči-related modifications aside, a 1941 Horch finding itself in eastern Europe at the end of WW2 would have some interesting tales to tell...

If this fire brigade-car arouses you, you will love this too: 

A Steyr XX from the 1930s, used by a huge company selling Radios and Televisions in Graz/Styria. Rumor has it that it had a matching trailer too,

but the trailer is lost sadly. 

The car was found some years ago in a barn (not kidding), and it´s unrestored. It was THE sensation at the biggest austrian classic car show last year. 

dsc00942.jpg

dsc00944.jpg

How about these little beauties.

The first is the 1967 Hino Contessa (based on a 4cv)

this one is currently for sale on TradeMe in NZ for around $6k

post-17864-0-78669200-1489352064_thumb.jpg

then this beauty

post-17864-0-53237100-1489352138_thumb.jpg

the Hino Contessa 900 Sprint a michelotti designed masterpiece (still based on the 4cv)

rear view

post-17864-0-99594100-1489352206_thumb.jpg

want!!!!! but not for sale

Ford Pampa, looks nice!

ford-pampa-1994-01b.jpg

Have heard about the Ford Corcel before and some of the 70s Corcel coupes look quite cool.

Just checked out Ford Pampa on Wiki. First pic shows one with the text underneath "1992-1997, alcohol powered". Yeah, 12 gallons please.

I can only imagine how bad it handles in the corners near the end of a long journey.

• 2 weeks later...

A couple of JDM Honda obscurities here, seen within a short distance of each other and both completely new to me:

33447289561_a46057539c_c.jpg

1999 Honda Avancier 3.0 V6 by Spottedlaurel, on Flickr

Apparently this model only lasted one generation. I didn't have a clue what it was called and only found it due to searching the engine capacity.

33192992700_cd1049652d_c.jpg

2002 Honda Mobilio 1.5 by Spottedlaurel, on Flickr

Boxy! Bigger than kei-class I think.

Edit: I've just discovered that our very own Bramm77 photographed that very Avancier a couple of years ago, and I even commented on it at that time. Senility is starting to kick in....

Have heard about the Ford Corcel before and some of the 70s Corcel coupes look quite cool.

Just checked out Ford Pampa on Wiki. First pic shows one with the text underneath "1992-1997, alcohol powered". Yeah, 12 gallons please.

I can only imagine how bad it handles in the corners near the end of a long journey.

Think the alcohol powered thing a reference to Brazil's policy of requiring cars to run on sugar cane derived ethanol blend as a subsidy to wealthy farmers environmental measure.

EDIT - just realized I missed the joke.  Twat.

thatsthejoke.jpg