Changing tax classes

The Moog

Now that dvla centres are no longer it seems that I have to post documents off to get a change of tax class.

I need to change the AMM mobile and also the new civic which is disabled class.

As far as I am aware I need to send off insurance, mot and v62 plus payment

Is it ok to drive the vehicles whilst docs are at DVLA?

My Vectra is on 50% discount tax due to being in receipt of low rate pip. Post office can change taxation classes to free road tax on full rate pip/dla but not the 50% rate. I had to send off logbook,mot,insurance,entitlement letter and a cheque for the sum. The tax disc came back to me with all paperwork in less than a week. Funny thing is the disc still stated the full figure,not the discounted rate.

Insurance hasn't been checked when 'tax'ing a vehicle since 16 December 2013 ;) ...

And POs are quite happy to change a vehicle's taxation class recently (whether from PLG/whatever to disabled or vice versa, both were seemless for me in the last 12 months) :) .

Equally, I wouldn't expect the 50% reduction for low rate PIP to pose any more problems to a member of PO staff than a change to the full-fat "disabled" taxation class or back to PLG  (unless the operative is ill-trained) ;) . (Perhaps my expectations are too high :lol: & ;) .)